This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sharon L. Lechter
Lechter in 2011
|Born||January 12, 1954|
|Alma mater||Florida State University|
|Occupation||CPA, author, businesswoman|
Sharon L. Lechter (born January 12, 1954) is an American accountant, author, and businesswoman. She is the co-author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, and the founder and CEO of Pay Your Family First, a financial education organization.
In January 2008, Lechter was appointed to the President's Advisory Council on Financial Literacy to serve a two-year term.
Lechter graduated from Florida State University with an Accounting degree in 1979, then worked briefly for a small accounting firm, "Big Eight". She met her husband, Michael Lechter, in 1980. Subsequently, the Lechters met Robert Kiyosaki and, together, formed the Rich Dad companies. Lechter has stated that she held various management positions with unnamed computer, insurance and publishing companies, while maintaining her credentials as a professional CPA.
In 1997, Lechter co-authored the book Rich Dad Poor Dad, along with 14 other books in the Rich Dad series, and was CEO of the Rich Dad company for over 10 years. She also annotated Outwitting the Devil (1938), in cooperation with the Napoleon Hill Foundation, and co-authored its publication, Three Feet from Gold.
Pay Your Family First
In 2007 Lechter created a financial literacy education company.
On October 12, 2007, Lechter filed suit against Rich Dad, Poor Dad co-author Robert Kiyosaki in Clark County, NV (Civil Case # 07-A-549886-C). On September 4, 2008, the Lechters and Kiyosakis reached a settlement in their lawsuit.
In January 2008, George W. Bush appointed Lechter to the President's Council on Financial Literacy (succeeded by the President's Advisory Council on Financial Capability during the Obama Administration).
- Woman of the Year (2013)- National Bank of Arizona honored Sharon with this award
- Positively Powerful Woman Award for Philanthropic Leadership (2012)
- 2016 Edgewater High School Hall of Fame. (Class of 1972)
Rich Dad Series
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad (1997)
- Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant (1998)
- Rich Dad's Guide to Investing (2000)
- Rich Dad's Rich Kid Smart Kid (2001)
- Rich Dad's Retire Young Retire Rich (2001)
- Rich Dad's Prophecy (2002)
- Rich Dad's Success Stories (2003)
- Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards (2003)
- Rich Dad's Who Took My Money (2004)
- Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job (2005)
Sharon Lechter as author with co-author Garrett Sutton:
- Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages (2006)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens (2004)
- Escape the Rat Race (2005)
VideoPlus - Sharon Lechter as co-author with Robert Kiyosaki:
- The Business School For People Who Like Helping People (2001)
- Why We Want You to be Rich (2006)
- Rich Woman (2006) - Kim Kiyosaki
Rich Dad Advisor Series
- Sales Dogs (2001)
- Own Your Own Corporation (2001)
- Protecting Your #1 Asset (2001)
- How to Buy and Sell a Business (2003)
- OPM – Other People's Money (2004)
- The ABC's of Real Estate Investing (2004)
- The ABC's of Getting Out of Debt (2004)
- The ABC's of Writing Winning Business Plans (2005)
- The ABC's of Building a Business Team That Wins (2006)
- Treasury Web site link to President's Council Archived 2008-07-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "Calendar: Charles A. Bruning Distinguished Speaker". Florida State University. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- About Pay Your Family First
- The Arizona Republic - 'Rich Dad' partners settle, call it quits
- Stoll, Trevor. "Financial Education Instructor Sharon Lechter". NFEC. Retrieved 2020-08-31.
- "Personnel Announcement" The White House; 2008.
- "Sharon Lechter, Financial Literacy Guru Says "Pay Your Family First!" | Positively Powerful Insights". Positivelypowerful.com. 2012-06-02. Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sharon Lechter.|