|Headquarters||East Point Business Park, Dublin, Ireland|
Number of employees
Shaw Academy is an online education organisation based in Dublin, Ireland. Founded in 2013, Shaw Academy provides live, interactive online courses, which are later reused in subsequent iteration of that course, in a wide range of subjects including photography, financial trading, nutrition, and digital marketing. Shaw Academy differentiates itself by focusing on live online teaching combined with human support.
Shaw Academy was founded by James Egan and Adrian Murphy in 2013.
By January 2016, Shaw Academy was teaching about 55,000 new students each month. By November of that year, it was teaching 400,000 new students every month and had surpassed teaching over 1.84 million students.
In January 2016, founder Adrian Murphy and Irish Minister for Jobs, Richard Bruton, announced 40 new education positions in the Dublin office. The CEO of Irish government agency Enterprise Ireland, Julie Sinnamon, described Shaw Academy at the time as "an example of an innovative Irish company in the growing online learning market, who are also supporting other Irish SMEs to grow through their extensive suite of online courses."
In January 2017, Shaw Academy launched its own personalised educational platform, called Phoenix, to accommodate rapidly growing student numbers. Phoenix enables Shaw Academy to teach more students live online simultaneously than ever before whilst also providing a far more automated yet personalised service to its students.
Shaw Academy offer courses ranging from business related topics such as digital marketing, social media marketing and web development to wellness programmes such as health and fitness and sports nutrition and lots more. All courses are delivered live and also with recordings of the live presentations. Students can log on to the dedicated portal to complete assignments, exams, review modules, replay lectures, view additional content etc. which are available to them at any time. Educational and technical support teams are also readily available to students. Courses are internationally accredited and aim to develop and build practical skills.
Advanced Shaw Academy courses are officially accredited and internationally recognised. As of July 2017, all Shaw Academy Professional Higher Diploma programmes are credit rated to EQF Level 5 by Edinburgh Napier university. 
The Shaw Academy Professional Higher Diploma – EQF Level 5 – is the equivalent to an Associate Degree (USA), AQF Level Six (Australia), NQF Level Six (South Africa) & OQF Level Eight (Canada). The European Qualifications Framework encourages lifelong learning by promoting the validation of education.
- Moules, Jonathan (7 March 2016). "Edtech providers move from Moocs to social networking". Financial Times.
- Revesencio, Jonha (19 June 2015). "A Look at Coursera, The Shaw Academy and Lynda.com: Which One Stands Out?". The Huffington Post.
- O'Brien, Stephen (23 February 2016). "We don't need no free-market education". The Irish Times.
- "ACCESS THROUGH LIVE CAMPUS". Europa Press. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- Hunt, Gordon (29 January 2016). "40 jobs in Dublin at online learning company Shaw Academy". Silicon Republic.
- O'Brien, Ciara (29 January 2016). "Shaw Academy to create 40 jobs in Dublin". The Irish Times.
- "Flipkart and Shaw Academy Bring Live Education to the Indian Online Marketplace". Businessworld. 21 November 2016.
- Agarwal, Meha (18 November 2016). "Flipkart Forays Into Online Learning; Partners With Shaw Academy". Inc42.
- "40 jobs in Dublin at online learning company Shaw Academy". Enterprise Ireland. Retrieved 4 February 2016.
- "Shaw Academy launches a new Education Technology Platform". insightssuccess.com. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- "Flipkart partners with Shaw Academy to bring live education to Indian online marketplace". India Infoline. 18 November 2016.
- Agrawal, AJ. "5 Benefits That Make Online Learning With Shaw Academy the Future of Education". Inc.com. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Lamudi Kenya Partners Shaw Academy to Give its Subcribers Free Online Courses". Techmoran. 12 April 2016.
- "Shaw Academy of professional Online Education in Worldwide". 22 October 2017.
- "Shaw Academy Reaches Another Milestone". Yahoo! Finance. 9 December 2016.
- "India Trade Mission Sees Partnerships Signed". Industry and Business. 22 November 2016.