Shiloh (given name)
|Region of origin||Ancient Israel|
Shiloh is a Biblical place, mentioned in Genesis 49:10, meaning "peace". Christians claim it is a reference to Jesus, but Muslims claim it is a reference to Islam. The name was the 803rd most popular name for girls born in the United States in 2007, 650th in 2008, 604th by 2009, and 620th by 2010. The name was popularized when American actors Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt named their daughter Shiloh Nouvel (born 2006). The name had previously been used occasionally for boys and girls, though it was never previously among the top 1,000 names for any gender in the United States.
In the United States, the name has associations with the Southern United States due to the Battle of Shiloh, a major battle of the United States Civil War, and to many towns named Shiloh in southern states, which were usually named after the town in the Bible.
People named Shiloh include:
- Shiloh Dynasty (born 1996), musician and singer; see 17 (XXXTentacion album)
- Shiloh Fernandez (born 1985), American actor
- Shiloh Jolie-Pitt (born 2006), daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Shiloh Keo (born 1987), American football player
- Shlomit Malka (born 1993), Israeli fashion model sometimes called Shiloh Malka
- Shiloh Strong (born 1978), American actor, screenwriter, photographer and film director
- Shiloh Walker, American author of erotic romance novels and novellas
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|