Shin (given name)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meaning||Different meanings depending on kanji|
|Look up shin in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Shin (しん, シン) is a common Japanese given name which is mostly used by males.
Shin can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 真, "true"
- 伸, "extend"
- 新, "new"
- 心, "heart"
- 信, "belief"
- 進, "progress"
- 慎, "humility"
- 晋, "advance"
- 紳, "gentleman"
With the given name Shin
- Shin Amano (真, born 1973), Japanese figure skater
- Shin Hirayama (信, 1868–1945), Japanese astronomer
- Shin Kishida (森, 1939–1982), Japanese actor
- Shin Kanemaru (信, 1914–1996), Japanese politician
- Shin Kanazawa (born 1983), Japanese football player
- Shin Kato (加藤 信, 1891–1952), Japanese Go player
- Shin Kōda (真), a Japanese enka singer
- Shin Koyamada (真, born 1982), Japanese and American film actor
- Shin Kusaka (慎), a Japanese actor
- Shin Nakamura (中村 伸, born 1974), Japanese footballer
- Shin Ōnuma (心), a Japanese animation and theatre director
- Shin Nohara (森), a Japanese kindergartner
- Shin Saburi (信, 1909–1982), Japanese film actor
- Shō Shin (1465–1526), king of the Ryūkyū Kingdom
- Shin Takahashi (しん, born 1967), Japanese manga artist
- Shin Terai, a Japanese musician and producer
- Shin Togashi (冨樫 森, born 1960), Japanese film director
- Shin Yanagisawa (信, born 1936), Japanese photographer
- Shin Yazawa (心), a Japanese actress
- Shin Banshoya (真), a Japanese comedian
- Shin (シン), a Japanese singer (former member of the Visual-Kei band ViViD)
- Seijuro Shin (進), a character in the manga and anime series Eyeshield 21
- Shin Akuma, a character in the Street Fighter series
- Shin Asuka (disambiguation), multiple
- Kamen Rider Shin, character in the Kamen Rider series
|given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|