Shoal Bay, New South Wales
New South Wales
Shoal Bay, NSW in 2012
|Population||1,838 (2011 census)|
|• Density||459.5/km2 (1,190/sq mi) [Note 1]|
|Area||4 km2 (1.5 sq mi)[Note 2]|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|LGA(s)||Port Stephens Council|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Shoal Bay is the most eastern suburb of the Port Stephens local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. It is located on the southern shore of Port Stephens, adjacent to the bay of the same name at the entrance to the port. It includes part of Tomaree National Park within its boundaries and, like other suburbs around Port Stephens, is a popular tourist destination, especially in summer months. At the 2011 census the town of Shoal Bay had a population of 1,838 but the population increases significantly during tourist season.
- This is the average density of the whole suburb. The population density of the inhabited portion of the suburb, which is only approximately 1 square kilometre (0.4 sq mi), is 1,838/km2 (4,760/sq mi).
- Area calculation is based on 1:100000 map 9332 PORT STEPHENS.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Shoal Bay (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT) - Port Stephens". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Shoal Bay (suburb)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Port Stephens". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 24 March 2007. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Paterson". Australian Electoral Commission. 19 October 2007. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Shoal Bay (bay)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Shoal Bay". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Port Stephens Visitor Centre". Port Stephens Council. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
- "Shoal Bay". Australian Explorer. Retrieved 11 June 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shoal Bay, New South Wales.|
|This Port Stephens Council geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|