Shoptiques is an online marketplace for women’s clothing and home décor. The company was started by Harvard Business School graduate and former Goldman Sachs investment banker Olga Vidisheva. It was founded to give small local boutiques an online presence by providing them access to customers worldwide as well as services such as photography, shipping assistance, and digital marketing. As of 2015, Shoptiques ships internationally to five countries.
Vidisheva spent her second year of Harvard Business School surveying over 800 boutiques to help her write the business plan for Shoptiques. After graduation, she was accepted as a single non-technical founder to Y Combinator and launched the site in Spring of 2012 with 25 boutiques on the site.
Shoptiques has raised over $2 million in funding from Greylock Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Benchmark, and Y Combinator. In November 2014, Shoptiques added its 1,000th boutique to the site. In March 2015, the company released its mobile app.
Shoptiques generates revenue based on commission, taking a percentage of each sale made on the site. Each boutique curates its own selection of products on the site and customers can purchase products from multiple boutiques with a single checkout experience. In 2014, Shoptiques recorded total revenue of $3 million.
Shoptiques has received media attention from fashion publications including Vogue (magazine), ELLE, and Women's Wear Daily. Shoptiques was named to Forbes’ 2015 list of America’s Most Promising Companies. Vidisheva was named to Forbes’ list of 30 Under 30: Retail. Vidisheva was also named to Inc. (Magazine’s list of 30 Under 30.
- Eric Markowitz (March 12, 2012) "Fashion Start-up Takes Aim at $20 billion Dollar Industry" Inc. (magazine)
- Teresa Novellino (July 27, 2012) "A big dream for small boutiques" BizJournals
- Jessica Binns (January 05, 2015) "Small Brands Go Big with E-commerce" Apparel
- Catherine Sabino (September 16, 2013) "Olga Vidisheva Debuts Shoptiques.com" Gotham (magazine)
- Tomio Geron (March 28, 2012) "Y Combinator Demo Day: Which Will Be The Next Dropbox?" Forbes (magazine)
- Leena Rao (March 21, 2012) "Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Back Marketplace For Local Fashion Boutiques, Shoptiques" TechCrunch
- https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/shoptiques/funding-rounds TechCrunch#CrunchBase
- Ben Fischer (November 12, 2014) "Shoptiques, the online store for boutiques, finds a cheaper path to Internet sales success" BizJournals
- Britteny Dee (March 18, 2015) "Shoptiques Launches Mobile App, Founder Olga Vidisheva Has Sights Set On Expansion" Fashion Times
- Kim-Mai Cutler (March 30, 2012) "Here Are The Women of Y Combinator And They Are Awesome" TechCrunch
- JoAnne Klimovich Harrop (April 27, 2015) "Pittsburgh store owners say Shoptiques.com creates online word of mouth" Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Karsten Strauss (January 30, 2015) "World Fashion On A Single Site: Shoptiques In 2015" Forbes (magazine)
- "Press — Shoptiques". shoptiques.com.
- "America's Most Promising Companies". Forbes.
- Claire O'Connor (January 5, 2015) "30 Under 30: Meet The Young People Reinventing Retail And E-Commerce" Forbes (magazine)
- Donna Fenn (April 22, 2015) "Shoptiques: An Online Home for Small Boutiques"Inc. (magazine)