A shrew rat or shrew-rat is not a true rat but a rodent that resembles a shrew in physical form and, presumably, lifestyle. There are twelve known species distributed across seven known genera, all from island southeast Asia, specifically the Indonesian island of Sulawesi and several islands of the Philippines:
- Chrotomys, from the Philippines;
- Crunomys, from Sulawesi and the Philippines;
- Hyorhinomys, from Sulawesi;
- Melasmothrix, from Sulawesi;
- Sulawesian shrew rat (Melasmothrix naso)
- Paucidentomys, from Sulawesi;
- Rhynchomys, from the Philippines;
- Mount Data shrew rat (Rhynchomys soricoides) Thomas, 1895
- Tateomys, from Sulawesi.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shrew rat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.