|Founded||September 12, 2001|
|Literal meaning||True Profit Bank|
|Korea 626 Shenyang Co.|
Sili Bank is a company based in China. The company provides email services in both China and North Korea by maintaining dedicated servers in both countries. Established in September 12, 2001, Sili Bank also known as the Korea 626 Shenyang Co. is a financial institution based in Chilbosan/Qibaoshan Hotel (Chinese: 七宝山饭店) in Shenyang, Liaoning, China, closely related to the government of North Korea.
In 2001, it was initially limited to those who want to exchange e-mails with trade companies or government agencies. As of May 10, 2003, the fee for sending an e-mail to North Korea from abroad, was 0.1 euros per kilobyte for up to 40 kilobytes, and 0.02 euros for each additional kilobyte in each e-mail transmission. The minimum charge per e-mail was 1 euro (for an e-mail having a size up to 10 kilobytes). Customers must first pre-register with Sili Bank with prepayment for estimated usage over a three-month period to the webmaster Li Mingchun (Chinese: 李明春). Sili Bank only allows e-mail relay between registered users of the service.
Since October 8, 2001, the webmail provider began offering a limited electronic mail relay service to and from North Korea, where Internet access is limited. Along with Chesin.com, Sili Bank appears to be one of only two e-mail gateways to DPRK.
- Website offers email links to N. Korea (The New York Times,November 1, 2001)
- North Korea opens door to e-mail (ITworld, November 6, 2001)
- 북한의 국어 정보화. hangeulmuseum.org (in Korean). Retrieved May 8, 2014.[ ]
- "n/a". Archived from the original on November 1, 2006. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- "n/a". Archived from the original on March 15, 2005. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- "La Corée du Nord teste un service e-mail [02/11/2001]". multimedia.dna.fr (in French). Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- "China-based website offers e-mail links to isolated North Korea". highbeam.com (in French). November 1, 2001. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Sili Bank official site (in English, Korean, Simplified Chinese and Japanese)