|Governor of Colima|
5 May 2005 – 2 November 2009
|Preceded by||Arnoldo Ochoa González|
|Succeeded by||Mario Anguiano Moreno|
15 December 1968|
Tecomán, Colima, Mexico
|Died||21 November 2010
Colima, Colima, Mexico
|Political party||Institutional Revolutionary Party|
|Alma mater||University of Colima|
Jesús Silverio Cavazos Ceballos (15 December 1968 – 21 November 2010) was a Mexican politician, the Governor of Colima from 2005 to 2009, elected after the death of Gustavo Vázquez Montes. He was a member of the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI).
Cavazos was elected to finish the 2003–2009 constitutional period of Gustavo Vázquez Montes, who won a special election after the ordinary elections were annulled. However, Vázquez Montes died in a plane crash in February 2005, for which it was necessary to call a third election, which was won by Cavazos.
He was killed outside his home by gunmen on 21 November 2010.
- "Mexican politician Silverio Cavazos killed by gunmen". Wikinews. 23 November 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- "Gunmen kill ex-governor Silverio Cavazos Ceballos in western Mexico state". Times of India. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- List of Mexican state governors
- Governor of Colima
- 2003 Colima state election
- Colima gubernatorial election, 2005
Arnoldo Ochoa González
|Governor of Colima
Mario Anguiano Moreno
|This article about an Institutional Revolutionary Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|