10 November 1967 |
|Occupation||Police Officer, Writer, Business Man, Speaker|
|Known for||Fighting police corruption|
He served in many different roles throughout his time with the Victoria Police, but his most significant contribution was with the Victoria Police Ethical Standards Department (the Victoria Police version of Internal Affairs) where he helped weed out and prosecute corrupt police officers.
After retiring from the force he has written a book about his experiences entitled "Filthy Rat", selling 9,000 copies before being out of print in 2007. He also appeared on "Australian Story"  in May 2004 to tell his unique story and offer insight on the Melbourne underworld and police corruption.
Simon currently runs his own company Ethical Strength with the mission to help people faced with moral and ethical dilemmas.
- Australian Story - One Man Standing. Retrieved 19 September 2007.
- 2004 Perelberg Award
- Police investigator: I was bashed
- Former judge says Vic police are corrupt
- The courage of a "filthy rat"
- Office of Police Integrity website
- Ombudsman Victoria
- Whistling In The Dark
- Why our police must face a probe
- TV man linked to sex case inquiry
- Saxton Speaker Bureau, Simon Illingworth
- OpinionExtra: Sunday Herald Sun, 30 May 2004
- Living a nightmare
- Whistleblower cop claims union bullying