Simon King (cricketer)
|Full name||Simon James King|
4 September 1987 |
Camberwell, Surrey, England
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Bowling style||Right-arm off break|
|Domestic team information|
|2007–2011||Surrey (squad no. 14)|
Source: Cricinfo, 28 May 2011
Born in Camberwell, grew up in Warlingham, King is predominantly a right arm off break bowler who bats right-handed. He made his debut for Surrey's second XI in 2005, taking 17 wickets in his first season, and took a further 30 the following year. May 2006 saw King invited to a trial for the England under-19 side, but he did not make an official appearance for the side.
He was released by Surrey at the end of the 2011 season.
His younger brother, Daryl, came through the age groups from the age of 8 through to academy, he also made appearances for Surrey's second XI in 2009.
- "Simon King player profile". Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Bowling for Surrey Second XI in Second Eleven Championship 2005". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Bowling for Surrey Second XI in Second Eleven Championship 2006". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Middlesex v Surrey at Lord's, Jun 30-Jul 3, 2009". Cricinfo. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "Daryl King". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
|This biographical article related to an English cricketer born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|