Sint Philipsland (village)
The village centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Sint Philipsland in the municipality of Tholen.
|• Total||40.19 km2 (15.52 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2010)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Sint Philipsland is a village in the Dutch province of Zeeland. Sint Philpsland is also the name of the (former) island on which the village lies. It is a part of the municipality of Tholen, and lies about 16 km northwest of Bergen op Zoom.
Sint Philipsland was a separate municipality until 1995, when it was merged with Tholen.
In 2001, the village of Sint Philipsland had 2002 inhabitants. The built-up area of the village was 0.36 km², and contained 745 residences. The statistical area "Sint Philipsland", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 2150.
- Leen Quist (1942–2014), ceramist
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 . (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005 . As of 1 January 2005.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Sint Philipsland". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This article about a location in Zeeland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|