Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Disciplined & Integrated Development Of Personality Through Academic Excellence,Sports & Cultural Activities".|
|Type||Private, Engineering College.|
|President||Dr. A.C Chandrashekar Raju|
|Vice-president||Mr.K.V. Shekar Raju|
|Principal||Dr. M.S.Indira |
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Campus||Urban, 133 Acres|
|Sports||Cricket, Soccer, Hockey, Tennis, Volleyball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess, Carrom.|
|Affiliations||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Commonly referred to as Sir MVIT) is an Institute of repute in the state of Karnataka. The Institute is named after Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, a well known Engineer, Statesman and a former Diwan of Mysore. This institute was founded and established in 1986 by the Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust and offers programs in the field of Technical Education. The Institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, and is accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. Sir MVIT is an ISO 9001:2000 Certified Institution. The institute has 2800 students and over 260 faculty members. The institute has been Ranked No. 1 among the Engineering Colleges in the Karnataka State by the reputed magazine 'Dataquest'. It is also ranked under top 25 engineering colleges of India and rated AAA amongst India’s Best Engineering Colleges.
Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology is spread out on 133 acres of sprawling land along NH 7, near Air Force Station, Yelahanka, in North Bangalore, close to Bengaluru International Airport (21 km from Bangalore City Junction). Although it is far from the city centre, it is accessible as BMTC buses ply within walking distance, and some pass through the college campus itself.
- B.E. (Four-year program that leads to a Bachelor of Engineering degree)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Science and Engineering
- M.Tech (Two-year program that leads to a Master of Technology Degree)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering ( Computer Integrated Manufacturing)
- M.Sc (Engg)
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #49 all over India by "Careers 360" (Year 2011).
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #51 all over India by "The Week" (Year 2012).
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #34 all over India by "Dataquest" (Year 2011).
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #63 all over India by "Outlook" (Year 2011).
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #71 all over India by "Outlook" (Year 2012).
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #2nd in Karnataka, 17th in India in "IDC Survey" Published in June 2008.
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has been ranked #2nd among the engineering colleges in the Karnataka State by the reputed magazine "Dataquest".
Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology has on its Campus, Men’s & Women’s Hostels, 100 bed General Hospital, Ladies Amenities Center, Staff Quarters, Guest House, Cafeteria, Outdoor Sports Facility spread over 12.1 Hectares and an Indoor Games Complex. Apart from the Engineering College, there’s a M.B.A department and a Dental College (Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences and Hospital) as well, where all Students and Working Staff can get the treatment done with concessions of 50%. The Institute power requirements are met by a dedicated HT Power Connection from BESCOM and Captive Power Generating units. The institute is connected to all the parts of the city by its own fleet of Buses. All the students admitted to the institute are covered by insurance for life and medical care.
"Kalanjali" is an annual inter-collegiate cultural festival of the college that sees participation from students at institutes all across the state. It is usually two- to three-day festival that showcases the college's talent and competitive spirit with students competing statewide. The events normally include:
- Annual college performance report
- Performance of the departments
- Review of academic and cultural progress along with sports
- Competitions ranging from fine arts such as singing, theatre, to technical paper presentations, programming contests
- Contests, shows
- Motivational tid-bits from distinguished speakers
- Prize distributions
"Verve" is an intra-college festival of the same joyous spirit as "Kalanjali" but on a smaller scale. “Kalanjali” counts as the biggest celebrations event at Sir M. Visveswaraya Institute of Technology (Sir M.V.I.T). It is held in October. Apart from that, various other festivals like Technofest, E-fest, Susanskruti & Department level Fests are organized at the college.
- "College council of Sir MVIT". Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Sir Visvesvaraya". Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Route Map of Sir MVIT". Retrieved 6 February 2013.
- "Departments in Sir MVIT". Retrieved 6 February 2013.