Sir Thomas Western, 1st Baronet
He served as High Sheriff of Essex for 1850. He was elected at the 1865 general election as Member of Parliament (MP) for the Northern division of Essex. When Essex was divided into three divisions (rather than two) for the 1868 general election, Western stood in the new Eastern division, but did not win a seat.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "E" (part 2)
- "No. 21065". The London Gazette. 5 February 1850. pp. 313–314.
- Craig, F. W. S. (1989) . British parliamentary election results 1832–1885 (2nd ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. p. 386. ISBN 0-900178-26-4. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Craig, op. cit., page 385
- Leigh Rayment's baronetage pages: W, part 2
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Sir Thomas Western
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Charles Gray Round
Charles Du Cane
| Member of Parliament for North Essex
With: Charles Du Cane
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
|New creation|| Baronet