This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Skopsko (Macedonian: Скопско) is the most popular beer in Macedonia. It has 64% of the market in Macedonia. It was the first commercial beer, the best-known and best-selling beer brand in the country. Once a "Best of Macedonia" has become "Our Best" and "Skopsko, and everything is possible" - are its most famous slogans.
Skopsko was introduced with the name "Light Beer" and it presented beer liner with 10% extract. Before World War II, the name of the beer was changed to "An Export Beer from Skopje" ("Скопљанско Експортно Пиво") with increased extract of 12%. By the early 1990s the name "Skopsko" was placed in the center of the label.
- 1991—Skopsko was rebranded.
- 1996—Brewery Skopje was added to the label
- 1999—new label
- 2004—new label
- 2005—new packaging
- December 2014 - production of dark beer started
The basic ingredients of this beer are water, a starch source, such as malted barley, able to be saccharified (converted to sugars) then fermented (converted into alcohol and carbon dioxide). The beer has a golden yellow color and a white foam. The characteristic bitter taste comes from hops.
- Brewery Skopje
- Macedonian beers website
- "Пивото Во Македонија | Пиво…". Pivoteka.wordpress.com. 2011-01-30. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- "Македонија ја снема од слоганот за „Скопско"". Utrinski.com.mk. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- Official website of the beer (in Macedonian)
- "MACEDONIA: Heineken, Coca-Cola Hellenic complete Pivara Skopje buy". Topix. Retrieved 2013-05-07.
- "SKOPSKO Temno for all beer connoisseurs in Macedonia". pivaraskopje.com.mk. Pivara Skopje. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "„Скопско темно" на скопската пиварница прво домашно темно пиво". dnevnik.mk (in Macedonian). 4 December 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|