Slaves for Life
|Slaves for Life|
|Studio album by Amaseffer|
|Released||Israel: June 6, 2008
World: June 24, 2008
|Recorded||June 29, 2007–July 14, 2007 at Bazement Studio, Germany|
The album is the first in a trilogy of albums, telling the old testament's story of the Exodus, from the Hebrew slavery period in ancient Egypt, through the years in the desert, and up to the entrance of the twelve tribes of Israel to the promised land of Canaan (later Israel). The first in the trilogy, the album tells the story of the events starting with the Hebrews slavery, through the birth of Moses and ends with the ten plagues of Egypt.
In the time of the recording, the band just parted ways with their vocalist Andy Kuntz, and lead vocals on the album were recorded by Mats Leven (Krux, ex-Therion, ex-At Vance, Yngwie Malmsteen). Additional vocals were recorded by Kobi Farhi of Orphaned Land, Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy and Yotam Avni of Prey for Nothing.
|2.||"Slaves for Life"||8:27|
|3.||"Birth of Deliverance"||11:11|
|7.||"The Wooden Staff"||9:13|
|8.||"Return to Egypt"||3:25|
|10.||"Land of the Dead"||6:53|
- Mats Leven - lead & backing vocals
- Hanan Avramovich - guitars
- Yuval Kramer - guitars, bass
- Erez Yohanan - drums, percussion, narrating vocals
- Kobi Farhi - oriental vocals
- Angela Gossow - growled vocals on "Midian"
- Yotam Avni - growled vocals on "Midian"
- Maya Avraham - female vocals on "Zipporah"
- Amir Gvirtzman - flute
- Yair Yona - bass on "Zipporah" and "Burning Bush"
- Yatziv Caspi - tablas on "Slaves for Life" and "Midian"
- About.com review
- Blabbermouth.net review
- Metal Hammer review
- Metal Underground review
- Metalist Israel review
- "Amaseffer Homepage - The Story of the Band". Amaseffer. Retrieved 2008. Check date values in:
- "The Holy Bible - Exodus". God through Moses.
- "Mats Leven to Guest on Amaseffer Project". blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2007-07-20.
- "Amaseffer CD description on InsideOut Music web page". InsideOut Music. Retrieved 2008-06-06.