Small Church of St. Anthony of Padua (Sesto al Reghena)
|Small Church of St. Anthony of Padua|
Chiesetta votiva di S.Antonio da Padova
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
The small Church of St. Anthony of Padua is a Catholic Church in a country estate near the Comune of Sesto al Reghena in Friuli Venezia Giulia. The main façade is enriched by the presence of a rectangular portico, delimited by a small wall on which rest two lateral pillars and two central columns which support the triangular tympanum. The entrance door is flanked by two rectangular windows. Inside the Church there is the altar-piece which represents Saint John the Baptist and Saint Antony of Padua.
The complex where the Church stands belonged to the Noble Family Bion from Padua, who bought it at the end of the eighteenth century from the Abbey of Santa Maria in Sylvis. According to the military cartography of Anton von Zach during 1850 it can be seen in this area the presence of an isolated building, without annexes. From the mid-nineteenth century the property belonged to the Morassutti family, which used it as an agricultural business center.
- "Comune di Sesto al Reghena". www.comune.sesto-al-reghena.pn.it. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- Guide, IlTurista info | Viaggi del Turista-; Viaggio, Notizie Ed Offerte Di. "Sesto al Reghena (Friuli Venezia Giulia): l'Abbazia e la visita al borgo | Guida e foto". ilTurista.info (in Italian). Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "ERPAC – Ente Regionale PAtrimonio Culturale della Regione Friuli Venezia Giulia". www.ipac.regione.fvg.it. Retrieved 18 August 2021.
- The small Church of St. Anthony of Padua on I Borghi piu´belli d´Italia in Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- The small Church of St. Anthony of Padua on Tripadvisor