Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up snipe in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A snipe is a wading bird.
Snipe may also refer to:
- Snipe (naval slang), a member of the engineering staff on a U.S. Navy vessel, most famously referenced in the anonymous poem "The Snipe's Lament."
- Snipe (theatrical), a short announcement trailer on behalf of the theater
- Snipe (wood machining), an unwanted deeper cut at the end of a board
- Snipe (dinghy), class of racing sailboat
- Sopwith Snipe, a World War I biplane fighter
- Humber Super Snipe, an automobile
- Auction sniping, a strategy of placing a winning bid at the last possible moment
- Snipe incident, a 1958 military incident between Chile and Argentina in the Snipe Islet
- Guttersnipe or snipe, a person of low character
- The Snipe, one of the Titans in Crash of the Titans, an action-adventure game published by Sierra Entertainment
- Snipes (video game), a text-mode networked computer game that was created in 1983 by SuperSet software
- Snipe, the unsmoked end of a cigarette or cigar, often collected by homeless for future smoking
- Snipe, the act of shooting someone a large distance away.
- "Snipe" (Kotoko song), a 2009 J-pop song
- Globe KDG Snipe, an American target drone
- Snipe, the narrow end of a telephone or power pole
- Snipe (rapper), American rapper from New Orleans
- Snipe Conley (1894–1978), Baseball pitcher
- Snipe Hansen (1907–1978), Baseball pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies and St. Louis Browns
- Snipes (disambiguation)
- Snipe hunt, a class of practical jokes
- Snipe Fly, insects in the order Diptera, genus Rhagionidae
- Snopes trilogy
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Snipe.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.