He received an M.A. (1952) and Ph.D. (1960), both from the University of Melbourne. He was Professor of Sociology, University of New South Wales (1966–1990), Senior Lecturer and Reader in Political Science, Australian National University, Canberra (1956–1966) and Tutor and Lecturer in Political Science, University of Melbourne (1952–1955).
He was the author of numerous books and articles, particularly including two landmark books, Australian Society (1965) and Equality and Authority in Australia (1970).
- Reich, Chanan. "Australia and the" Yom Kippur" War of 1973." Australian Journal of Jewish Studies 26 (2012): 10-30.
- Sol Encel (1925-2010), unsw.edu. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- Michael Pusey, "Fighter for the poor and oppressed", The Sydney Morning Herald, 19 August 2010.
- University of New South Wales Social Policy Research Centre 'Emeritus Professor Sol Encel 1925-2010'
- Sol Encel - a tribute, The Science Show, ABC Radio National, 14 August 2010 (also downloadable as mp3 audio file: Sol Encel - a tribute).
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an Australian sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|