|Founder||Andreas Bittner and Marko Wenthin|
|Dr. Roland Folz (CEO)|
solarisBank was established in 2015 as a part of Finleap, a fintech company builder based in Berlin, Germany with Andreas Bittner and Marko Wenthin as its founders. solarisBank was officially launched in March 2016, after receiving its banking license.
In February 2017, solarisBank raised €26.3 million in its series A funding round from Yabeo Capital, Arvato Financial Solutions, FinLeap, Unicredit and Japan-based SBI group. The company also brought in Dr. Roland Folz as CEO.
solarisBank provides a banking platform, which is said to allow its users, mostly digital companies and financial services startups, to access various banking service modules, which then can be integrated into their processes, websites or mobile applications.
Awards and Recognition
- "SolarisBank, a bank for digital and fintech startups, gets banking license". Finextra Research. 2016-03-14. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "La banque en kit prend corps avec solarisBank". lesechos.fr (in French). Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- O'Hear, Steve. "German fintech company builder FinLeap raises €21M at €121M valuation". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- ""Es tut extrem weh, zu guten Geschäften Nein zu sagen"". Gründerszene Magazin (in German). Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- O'Hear, Steve. "FinLeap's solarisBank to offer Banking-as-a-Platform so startups can ride fintech gravy train". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "MasterCard and SolarisBank partner for digital banking push » Banking Technology". www.bankingtech.com. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "SolarisBank partners MasterCard to develop new banking modules". www.thepaypers.com. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "German Fintech Partners with Japan". finews.asia. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "SolarisBank raises $28 million to expand its European fintech platform | VentureBeat". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "German fintech startup solarisBank raises €26.3 million and lands Deutsche Bank exec as CEO". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "solarisBank Raises €26.3M in Series A Financing". FinSMEs. 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "Banking platform solarisBank closes €56.6M Series B from BBVA, Visa, Lakestar, and others – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- "Solarisbank raises $28 million with sights set on Asian market". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "SolarisBank Receives Banking License". Payment Week. 2016-03-21. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
- "The winners of the 2016 Global Banking Awards are announced". Technology Record. Retrieved 2017-11-18.
|This German bank or insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|