This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Solas live in 2010
|Origin||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Associated acts||Antje Duvekot|
|Past members||Karan Casey
Their name comes from an Irish word meaning "light". At the time, the band was made up of Séamus Egan, who had already recorded two solo albums as well as a soundtrack to a film; Winifred Horan, a member of Cherish the Ladies; John Doyle, previously a member of Susan McKeown & The Chanting House with Egan; Karan Casey and John Williams.
In June 2008 the band announced Mairead Phelan had joined the group as their new singer. In September 2010, Niamh Varian-Barry  from Cork replaced Mairead Phelan as lead singer of Solas. On July 11, 2013, they announced on their Facebook page that Niamh was leaving the band and that Noriana Kennedy would be replacing her.
- 1996 — Solas
- 1997 — Sunny Spells and Scattered Showers
- 1998 — The Words That Remain
- 2000 — The Hour Before Dawn
- 2002 — The Edge of Silence
- 2003 — Another Day
- 2005 — Waiting for an Echo
- 2006 — Reunion: A Decade of Solas
- 2008 — For Love and Laughter
- 2010 — The Turning Tide
- 2013 — Shamrock City
- 2016 — All These Years
- "John Williams". Johnwilliamsmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Niamh Varian-Barry". Niamhvarianbarry.com. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Compass Records". Compass Records. 2010-09-21. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- "Solas - Important News from Solas: It has been a joy..." Facebook. Retrieved 2013-10-02.