Solco Walle Tromp
Solco Walle Tromp (9, March 1909 - 17, March 1983) was a Dutch geologist and biometeorologist.
Tromp took a deep interest in dowsing and radiesthesia. He conducted experiments and came to the conclusion that dowsing is a real phenomenon due to activity of electromagnetic fields. His views on dowsing were criticized by the scientific community and have been described by critics as an example of pseudoscience.
- The Religion of the Modern Scientist: Neo-Materialism (1947)
- Psychical Physics: A Scientific Analysis of Dowsing Radiesthesia and Kindred Divining Phenomena (1949)
- Medical Biometeorology: Weather, Climate, and the Living Organism (1963)
- Pathological Biometeorology (1977)
- Krasnow, Shelley; Plasterk, K. J. (1984). In memoriam Dr. Solco Walle Tromp 9 March 1909–17 March 1983. International Journal of Biometeorology. Volume 28, Issue 4, pp. 257-260.
- Williams, William F. (2000). Encyclopedia of Pseudoscience: From Alien Abductions to Zone Therapy. Facts on File Inc. p. 294. ISBN 1-57958-207-9
- Gardner, Martin. (2012 edition, originally published in 1957). Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science. Dover Publications. pp. 103-106. ISBN 0-486-20394-8