From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up solstice in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A solstice is a bi-annual astronomical event, when the Sun's apparent position in the sky reaches its northernmost or southernmost extremes.
Solstice may also refer to:
- Solstice (comics), a DC Comics superheroine and member of the Teen Titans
- Solstice (film), 2008 thriller movie
- Solstice, novel by Joyce Carol Oates
- Solstice, 1968 film produced and edited by Edward Summer
- Solstice (video game), a 1990 puzzle video game released for the Nintendo Entertainment System
- Solstice (album), an album by the American guitarist Ralph Towner
- Solstice (UK doom metal band), a doom metal band
- Solstice (UK progressive rock band), British neo-progressive rock band formed in 1980
- Solstice (US band), death metal band
- Solstice (song), a song by Icelandic singer Björk on her 2011 album Biophilia (album)
- Celebrity Solstice, a cruise ship
- Pontiac Solstice, a General Motors vehicle
- Solstice DiskSuite, previous name of Solaris Volume Manager RAID software
- Operation Solstice, one of the last German armoured offensive operation on the Eastern Front in World War II
- Soulstice, an American Electronica/Dance band
- Summer solstice (disambiguation)
- Winter solstice (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Solstice.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.