||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Key people||Tomer Dvir (Cofounder, CEO), Ishay Green (Cofounder), Omri Haim (Chief Technology Officer)|
|Industry||Computer software, remote support web application|
Soluto was a device protection service offered by the identically named company that integrates a mobile app, web portal, proactive communications, and remote device management into one service. As part of a premium service, Soluto enabled users to contact premier support technicians. Soluto offered access via the web as part of Soluto PC Management platform. In 2013, Soluto was acquired by Asurion, LLC. Soluto ceased operation of the Soluto PC Management platform on April 1, 2016.
Soluto was founded in 2008 and received $1.6M in seed funding from Proxima Ventures. This was followed-up with a $6.2 million second round of financing led by Bessemer Venture Partners and joined by Giza Venture Capital, in March 2009.
Soluto is funded by Index Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Giza Venture Capital, Proxima Ventures, CrunchFund, Innovation Endeavors, Initial Capital, and angel investors including Chris Dixon, Yuval Neeman, Saar Gillai and Nadav Zohar.
Soluto was purchased by Asurion on November 12, 2013 for a reported $130 million.
Soluto won TechCrunch Disrupt in 2010. Soluto was named one of the 2010 AlwaysOn Global Top Private Companies. Lifehacker named Soluto one of the most popular free Windows downloads of 2010.
The original Soluto features are listed below.
- Frustrations: view information about non-responsive applications, recent application crashes, possible causes for crashes, and crash solutions.
- Apps: view a list of applications that have available updates and start the updates. View a list of applications that can be remotely downloaded and installed on the PC, and start the downloads.
- Background Apps: view the list of applications that start when the computer boots up, descriptions of the applications, and recommended actions based on the actions taken by other Soluto users. Remove applications from boot up or set applications to launch shortly after boot up.
- Internet: select or install a default browser, set the homepage, and change the default search engine. View enabled toolbars and add-ons, descriptions of them, and whether Soluto recommends the item be disabled. Disable toolbars and add-ons.
- Protection: turn on the PC’s firewall, view or install antivirus software, and install Windows updates.
- Hardware: View technical info about the PC’s hardware, including available memory and battery health. Defrag the hard drives.
Soluto uses a downloaded agent to transmit data to, and receive data from, Soluto’s back-end servers. Data transmitted to Soluto includes the apps running during boot up, enabled browser toolbars and add-ons, hardware specs, and a specialized form of crash reports. The servers send back to the agent information such as solutions for recent crashes and the remote actions that were initiated by the user and need to occur.
- Eric, Blattberg. "Asurion snaps up Soluto for $100M+ to offset insurance risks". Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Soluto for PC is shutting down". Soluto Support. February 2016. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- Soluto Raises $6.2M From Bessemer To Make Your PC Run Better, CrunchBase
- Empson, Rip (13 December 2011). "Are You The "Family CTO"? A New Soluto Aims To Turn You Into A One-Person Help Desk". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "New year, new friends, new Soluto". Soluto Blog. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Feldman, Yaniv (2 February 2012). "Release: Eric Schmidt and Michael Arrington Israeli investors" (in Hebrew). newsgeek.co.il. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Siegler, MG (26 May 2010). "And The Winner Of TechCrunch Disrupt Is... Soluto!". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Announcing the 2010 AlwaysOn Global 250". http://alwayson.goingon.com/. 31 July 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2012. External link in
- Fitzpatrick, Jason (14 December 2010). "Most Popular Free Windows Downloads of 2010". lifehacker.com. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Getting started with the new Soluto - Part 1". Soluto Blog. 2 January 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Mitchell, Suzie (23 February 2012). "My Son Fixes My Computer from Israel (Here's How!)". AARP.org. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Mohta, Ashish (20 February 2012). "Soluto brings Web Based Remote Management for your Windows PC". technospot.net. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "New Year, New Stuff in Soluto". Soluto Blog. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- Bott, Ed (13 December 2011). "Can Soluto turn you into a long-distance tech-support hero?". zdnet.com. Retrieved 1 March 2012.