Somen Debnath (born 8 May 1983) is an Indian activist for HIV / AIDS awareness. He is currently travelling around the world on bicycle with the purpose to promote a program entitled “Around the World on Bicycle Tour for HIV / AIDS Awareness and Seminars on Indian Culture 2004 - 2020”.
Somen Debnath, son of Shova Debnath and of Ram Mohan Debnath, is a resident of the village Basanti, South 24 Parganas in Sundarbans, West Bengal, India. He studied Zoology, Geology & Anthropology at the University of Calcutta and has a degree in Fine Arts from the Sarba Bhartiya University.
At the age of 16 he enrolled for specialty training at West Bengal State AIDS Control Society. Consequently, he became an activist for HIV / AIDS awareness and he started doing voluntary and charity work, first in his village and then in all Indian provinces
Around the world on a bicycle (2004 - 2020)
On May 27th 2004, Debnath started a global tour with the goal to visit every country by 2020, spreading a message of HIV / AIDS awareness and social inclusion. He gives lectures in schools, universities, NGOs, and other institutions. The focus of Debnath's program is on "underprivileged people, urban, rural and tribal population worldwide who have the lowest level of awareness about this deadly disease."
As of June 2015 Debnath had travelled to 102 countries.  By march 2018 somen debnath has covered 146 countries covering south America and currently crossing San Salvador(Capital of El Salvador) in Central America.
- Somen Debnath. "Social work, humanitarian & charity activities". Somen Debnath's Blog. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Despre HIV/SIDA cu Somen Debnath". Clubul de Asistenţă Socială. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Cycling Around the World to Empower Youth in Promoting HIV/AIDS Awareness". afdb.org. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "'I was imprisoned by the Taliban'". the Guardian. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Taliban captive won his release by cooking curry". Telegraph.co.uk. 6 November 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Taliban's Indian captive won his release by cooking curry". Thaindian News. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Sudan Vision Daily - Details". sudanvisiondaily.com. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- Clement Uwiringiyimana. "Determined to raise HIV awareness, Indian rides bike across 86 countries". The New Times Rwanda. Retrieved 23 May 2015.