From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For his uncle, also an architect, see George Somers Leigh Clarke.
|George Somers Clarke|
|Died||31 August 1926
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
After his retirement Clarke continued to live in Egypt and died in Mahamid in August 1926.
- 1872–78 Wyfold Court, Rotherfield Peppard, Oxfordshire
- 1874–75 St Martin's parish church, Lewes Road, Brighton (Wagner Memorial Church), the largest church in Brighton, complete except proposed saddle-back tower. Spectacular pulpit based on the Sacrament House in St. Lorenz, Nuremberg.
- 1875 scheme for remodelling and extending St Peter's Church, Brighton (only partly achieved)
- 1879 St Nicholas parish church, Kiddington, Oxfordshire: vestry and organ loft
- 1885 Parish church of St John The Divine, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
- 1885 Church at Wimbledon (proposed)
- 1890 St Peter's parish church, Marsh Baldon, Oxfordshire: restoration (with Micklethwaite)
- 1891 Reid's Palace Hotel, Funchal, Madeira
- 1892 St Saviour's parish church, Folkestone, Kent
- 1892 designs for wall paintings by C.E. Kempe in St Nicholas' Church, Brighton
- 1900–06 (with Micklethwaite) St Peter's parish church, Brighton: new chancel with eleven-light east window
- 1910 Chichester Cathedral: reredos
- SS Philip & James parish church, Oxford: reredos
- "Death Of Well Known Architect: Mr Somers Clarke Passes Away In Egypt". Dundee Courier. 1 September 1926. Retrieved 24 September 2014 – via British Newspaper Archive. (subscription required (. ))
- Sherwood & Pevsner 1965, p. 738.
- Nairn & Pevsner 1965, p. 433.
- Church Guide Book. St Martin's, Brighton. 1975.
- Building News. 1 January 1875. Missing or empty
- Sherwood & Pevsner 1965, p. 669.
- The Builder. 46: 932. 1884. Missing or empty
- The Builder: 792. 5 December 1885. Missing or empty
- Sherwood & Pevsner 1965, p. 698.
- Denby, Elaine (1998). Grand Hotels: Reality & Illusion; An Architectural and Social History. Reaktion Books. p. 183. ISBN 978-1861891211.
- The Builder. 6 October 1892. Missing or empty
- Nairn & Pevsner 1965, p. 428.
- Nairn & Pevsner 1965, p. 436.
- Nairn & Pevsner 1965, p. 155.
- Sherwood & Pevsner 1965, p. 298.
- Nairn, Ian; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1965). Sussex. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 69–71, 155, 427, 438, 433, 436. ISBN 0-14-071028-0.
- Sherwood, Jennifer; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1974). Oxfordshire. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 403, 669, 698 738. ISBN 0-14-071045-0.
|This article about a United Kingdom architect or firm of architects is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a British archaeologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an Egyptologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|