Songs of Love and Death (anthology)
First edition cover
|Editors||George R. R. Martin |
|Published||November 16, 2010|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
Songs of Love and Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love is a cross-genre anthology featuring 17 original short stories of romance in science fiction/fantasy settings, edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois and released on November 16, 2010. Suzanne Johnson wrote for Tor.com, "From zombie-infested woods in a postapocalyptic America to faery-haunted rural fields in eighteenth-century England, from the kingdoms of high fantasy to the alien world of a galaxy-spanning empire, these are stories of lovers who must struggle against the forces of magic and fate."
- “Love Hurts” by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files)
- “The Marrying Maid” by Jo Beverley
- “Rooftops” by Carrie Vaughn
- “Hurt Me” by M.L.N. Hanover
- “Demon Lover” by Cecelia Holland
- “The Wayfarer’s Advice” by Melinda M. Snodgrass (Imperials)
- “Blue Boots” by Robin Hobb
- “The Thing About Cassandra” by Neil Gaiman
- “After the Blood” by Marjorie M. Liu
- “You and You Alone” by Jacqueline Carey (Kushiel's Legacy)
- “His Wolf” by Lisa Tuttle
- “Courting Trouble” by Linnea Sinclair
- “The Demon Dancer” by Mary Jo Putney
- “Under/Above the Water” by Tanith Lee
- “Kashkia” by Peter S. Beagle
- “Man in the Mirror” by Yasmine Galenorn
- “A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” by Diana Gabaldon (Outlander)
- DeNardo, John (January 14, 2010). "Songs of Love and Death edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois". SF Signal. Archived from the original on February 8, 2012. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- Johnson, Suzanne (October 27, 2010). "Fiction Affliction: Diagnosing November Releases in Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance". Tor.com. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Pocket Releases Songs of Love and Death". GeorgeRRMartin.com. November 24, 2010. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- Martin, George R. R. (March 31, 2010). "Not A Blog: Love. Death. Sex. Heartbreak". GRRM.livejournal.com. Retrieved September 18, 2014.