|Type||Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera|
|Lens mount||Sony E-mount|
|Image sensor type||Exmor HD CMOS|
|Image sensor size||23.5 × 15.6 mm (APS-C type)|
|Maximum resolution||(3:2) 6000 × 4000 (24.3 MP) (16:9) 6000 × 3375 (20.1 MP)|
|ASA/ISO range||Auto, 100 – 25600|
|Recording medium||SD/ SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick Pro Duo/ Pro-HG Duo|
|Focus areas||179 focus points|
|Flash||Incorporated flash (pop-out), hotshoe|
|Shutter speeds||1/4000 s to 30 s|
|Continuous shooting||3 frame/s, 11 frame/s in speed priority mode|
|Viewfinder||Built-in 1.44 million dots OLED Electronic viewfinder|
|Image processor||Bionz X|
|Rear LCD monitor||3 inches with 921,600 dots|
|Battery||NP-FW50, InfoLITHIUM, 7.2 V, 1080 mAh, 7.7 Wh, Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery|
|Dimensions||120 × 67 × 45 mm (4.72 × 2.64 × 1.77 inches)|
|Weight||344 g including battery|
The Sony α6000 (model ILCE-6000) is a digital camera announced 12 February 2014. It is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (MILC), which has a smaller body form factor than a traditional DSLR while retaining the sensor size and features of an APS-C-sized model. It is targeted at professionals, experienced users, and enthusiasts. It replaced the NEX-6 and NEX-7. Review websites note that although the α6000 uses a 24 MP sensor like the Sony NEX-7, the Sony α6000 can also be seen as more of a replacement of the Sony NEX-6.In the Firmware version 1.10, an android subsystem was added. The sub system was used to run Sony's apps.
At the time of its release, the Sony α6000 was advertised featuring the "world's fastest autofocus" with lag of 0.06 second and 11 fps continuous shooting with tracking AF. Its MSRP is $700 with a 16-50 mm power-zoom kit lens f/3.5-5.6.
The Sony α6000 proved to be an extremely popular camera. By early 2016, it was reported to be the best-selling interchangeable-lens camera in the over-US$600 price range as well as the best-selling mirrorless camera of all time.
Along with great selection of E-mount lenses, it could be also used with A-Mount lenses by using special lens adapter from Sony.
Firmware version 1.10, released on 30 October 2014, added faster start up time and support for the "Smart Remote Control" Play Memories application.
Firmware version 1.20, released on 26 March 2015, improved images captured on new lenses and added a few minor enhancements.
Firmware version 1.21, released on 6 April 2015, fixed an error in version 1.20 and improved lens performance.
Firmware version 3.10, released on 17 March 2016, optimized lens performance (applied to the lenses releasing after 2016 March).
Firmware version 3.20, released on 26 July 2016, optimized lens performance (SEL-70200GM).
Firmware version 3.21, released on 19 March 2019, improved stability of the AF operation.
Mobile phone application update 2019
There is an application (Image Edge Mobile) which allows a user to control the Sony A6000-A6500 camera. The application also allows a user to transfer photos over wireless to the user's mobile phone.
- "Sony α6000 promises world's fastest AF and 11 fps subject tracking". 12 February 2014.
- "Sony α6000 officially announced! It's the world fastest autofocus camera!". 12 February 2014.
- "Sony α6000 (ILCE-6000) Hands-On Review". 12 February 2014.
- Carter, Kevin (9 April 2014). "Sony α6000 sensor review: Little wonder".
- Zach Honig (11 February 2014). "Sony's A6000 is the mirrorless camera you'll want to own, ships this April for $800 with lens".
- "Press Release Sony Introduces New α6300 Camera with World's Fastest Autofocus". Sony official news. Sony, Inc. 3 February 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- Butler, Richard (6 April 2016). "Upwardly mobile: Sony α6300 Review". Digital Photography Review. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
Sony says it (the α6000) will live on, alongside the α6300
- Gray, Jeremy (26 April 2016). "Sony α6300 Field Test: Mirrorless camera offers many improvements and great all-around performance". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 2016-06-13.
The Sony α6000 was a very popular camera indeed; the best-selling interchangeable lens camera over $600 and the best-selling mirrorless camera.
- Moynihan, Tim (3 February 2016). "Sony Adds New Powers to Its Best-Selling Mirrorless Camera". Wired Magazine. Retrieved 2016-06-13.
According to Sony, the company's α6000 is the best-selling mirrorless camera of all time.
- Sony Japan (October 2014). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera ILCE-7 / ILCE-7R / ILCE-6000 / ILCE-5100 / ILCE-5000 for system software update". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- Sony Asia (March 2015). "ILCE System Software Update version 1.20". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- Sony Japan (April 2015). "本体ソフトウェアアップデート". Retrieved 2015-04-09.
- Sony Japan (June 2015). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera "ILCE-7", "ILCE-7R", and "ILCE-6000" for system software update". Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- Sony Japan (March 2016). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera "ILCE-6000" for system software update". Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- Sony Japan (July 2016). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera "ILCE-6000" for system software update". Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- Sony Corporation of America (March 2019). "ILCE-6000 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 3.21 (Windows)". Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Keller, Jeff. "Sony announces new Imaging Edge mobile app, updates desktop software". dpreview. Digital Photography Review. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sony ILCE-6000.|
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|