|Type||Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera|
|Lens mount||Sony E-mount|
|Image sensor type||Exmor HD CMOS|
|Image sensor size||23.5 x 15.6mm (APS-C type)|
(3:2) 6000 x 4000 (24.3MP)(16:9) 6000 x 3375 (20.1MP)
|ASA/ISO range||Auto, 100 – 25800|
|Recording medium||SD/ SDHC/SDXC, Memory Stick Pro Duo/ Pro-HG Duo|
|Focus areas||179 focus points|
|Flash||Incorporated flash (pop-out), hotshoe|
|Shutter speeds||1/4000s to 30s|
|Continuous shooting||3 frame/s, 11 frame/s in speed priority mode|
|Viewfinder||Built-in 1.44 million dots OLED Electronic viewfinder|
|Image processor||Bionz X|
|Rear LCD monitor||3 inches with 921,600 dots|
|Battery||NP-FW50, InfoLITHIUM, 7.2 V, 1080 mAh, 7.7 Wh, Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery|
|Dimensions||120 x 67 x 45mm (4.72 x 2.64 x 1.77 inches)|
|Weight||344g including battery|
The Sony α6000 (model ILCE-6000) was a digital camera announced February 12, 2014. It was a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera or MILC, and this had a smaller body form factor than a traditional DSLR, while retaining the sensor size and features of an APS-C-sized model. It was targeted at experienced users, enthusiasts and professionals. It replaced the NEX-6 and NEX-7. Review websites note that although the α6000 uses a 24MP sensor like the Sony NEX-7, the Sony α6000 can also be seen as more of a replacement of the Sony NEX-6.
As other cameras the Sony α6000 was advertised featuring the "world's fastest autofocus" with lag of 0.06 second and 11 fps continuous shooting with tracking AF, but was later surpassed by the Nikon 1 series J4 with 0.01 second delay and 20 fps continuous shooting with tracking AF, albeit with a much smaller and lower-quality sensor. Its MSRP is $700 with a 16-50mm power-zoom kit lens f/3.5-5.6.
The Sony α6000 was an extremely popular camera. By early 2016, it was reported to be the best-selling interchangeable-lens camera in the over-US$600 price range as well as the best-selling mirrorless camera of all time.
Firmware Ver 1.10 was released on 30 October,2014, faster start up time and support to "Smart Remote Control" Play Memories application.
Firmware Ver 1.20 was released on 26 March 2015, added support to new lens and a few minor enhancements.
Firmware Ver 1.21 was released on 6 April 2015, fixed error in Ver1.20 and improved lens performance.
Firmware Ver 3.10 was released on 17 March 2016, optimizes the new lenses performance. (Applied to the lenses releasing after 2016 March) 
Firmware Ver 3.20 was released on 26 July 2016, optimizing the new lenses performance. (SEL70200GM) 
- "Sony α6000 promises world's fastest AF and 11 fps subject tracking". February 12, 2014.
- "Sony α6000 officially announced! It's the world fastest autofocus camera!". February 12, 2014.
- "Sony α6000 (ILCE-6000) Hands-On Review". February 12, 2014.
- Kevin Carter (April 9, 2014). "Sony α6000 sensor review: Little wonder".
- Zach Honig (February 11, 2014). "Sony's A6000 is the mirrorless camera you'll want to own, ships this April for $800 with lens".
- "Press Release Sony Introduces New α6300 Camera with World's Fastest Autofocus". Sony official news. Sony, Inc. 3 February 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- Butler, Richard (6 April 2016). "Upwardly mobile: Sony α6300 Review". Digital Photography Review. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
Sony says it (the α6000) will live on, alongside the α6300
- Gray, Jeremy (26 April 2016). "Sony α6300 Field Test: Mirrorless camera offers many improvements and great all-around performance". Imaging Resource. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
The Sony α6000 was a very popular camera indeed; the best-selling interchangeable lens camera over $600 and the best-selling mirrorless camera.
- Moynihan, Tim (3 February 2016). "Sony Adds New Powers to Its Best-Selling Mirrorless Camera". Wired Magazine. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
According to Sony, the company’s Alpha α6000 is the best-selling mirrorless camera of all time.
- Sony Japan (October 2014). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera ILCE-7 / ILCE-7R / ILCE-6000 / ILCE-5100 / ILCE-5000 for system software update". Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Sony Asia (March 2015). "ILCE System Software Update version 1.20". Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Sony Japan (April 2015). "本体ソフトウェアアップデート". Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- Sony Japan (June 2015). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera "ILCE-7", "ILCE-7R", and "ILCE-6000" for system software update". Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Sony Japan (March 2016). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera "ILCE-6000" for system software update". Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Sony Japan (July 2016). "Notice to owners of Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera "ILCE-6000" for system software update". Retrieved 11 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sony ILCE-6000.|
|Sony E-mount MILC timeline|
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|