Soowahlie First Nation
The Soowahlie First Nation, or Soowahlie Band, is a band government of the Sto:lo people located in the Upper Fraser Valley region at Cultus Lake, British Columbia, Canada. They are a member government of the Stó:lō Tribal Council. The Reserve land area currently comprises 533.4 hectares and has a population of 373.
Indian Reserves under the administration of the Soowahlie Band are:
- Grass Indian Reserve No. 15, 1/2 mile southeast of Chilliwack, 64.80 ha (shared with eight other bands
- Pekw'Xe:yles (Peckquaylis) - 10.30 ha. (shared with 20 other bands)
- Soowahlie Indian Reserve No. 14, on the left bank of the Chilliwack River, one mile south of Vedder Crossing, 458.30 ha.
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada First Nation Detail Archived 2011-08-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada - Reserves/Settlements/Villages Archived 2012-03-31 at the Wayback Machine
|This First Nations-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British Columbia politics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Canadian government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|