South Kitsap School District
South Kitsap School District No. 402 is the second largest public school district in Kitsap County, Washington, United States. It serves the city of Port Orchard and the southern area of the county (360 square miles). The district is the largest employer in Port Orchard.
In May 2011, the district had an enrollment of approximately 9,830 students.
- South Kitsap High School  is the largest 4-year high school West of the Mississippi River.
- Discovery Alternative High School
Junior High schools
- East Port Orchard
- Hidden Creek
- Mullenix Ridge
- Orchard Heights
- Sidney Glen
- South Colby
Board of Directors
The district is governed by a board of five directors elected from geographical sub-districts. Each director is elected for a term of four years. Board meetings are open to the public held on the first and third Wednesday of each month.
The superintendent serves as Secretary to the Board and provides day-to-day leadership and management to the district. South Kitsap School District has selected Bev Cheney, a former SKSD superintendent, to serve as interim for the 2012-13 school year after the previous superintendent, Dave LaRose, accepted a position as superintendent of Culver City (California) Unified School District.
The district has hired Michelle Reid, 53, who is currently assistant superintendent of Port Angeles School District to replace Cheney after the 2012-13 school year. 
- South Kitsap SD Annual Report 2007-08.Retrieved 2011-11-01
- OSPI State Report Card. Retrieved 2011-11-01
- SKSD Board of Directors webpage. Retrieved 2011-11-01
- Henry, Chris. "New South Kitsap superintendent ready to build community". Kitsap Sun. Retrieved 2 May 2013.