Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Spanish–Portuguese War may refer to one of the following conflicts between Portugal and Spain (or between Portugal and Castile before 1492):
- 1383–85 Crisis, when Castile intervened unsuccessfully in a Portuguese civil war
- War of the Castilian Succession (1475–79), when Portugal intervened in a Castilian civil war, which ended with a Portugueses naval victory and a Castilian land victory
- War of the Portuguese Succession (1580–83), when Portugal passed under the rule of the Spanish Monarchy
- Portuguese Restoration War (1640–68), when Portugal regained its full sovereignty
- War of the Spanish Succession (1701–13)
- Spanish–Portuguese War (1735–37), fought over the Banda Oriental (Uruguay)
- Spanish–Portuguese War (1762–63), known as the Fantastic War
- Spanish–Portuguese War (1776–77), fought over the border between Spanish and Portuguese South America
- War of the Oranges in 1801, when Spain and France defeated Portugal in the Iberian Peninsula, while Portugal defeated Spain in South America
- Invasion of Portugal (1807), a French invasion initially supported by Spain
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Spanish–Portuguese War.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.