Spee Club (Harvard)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Notable alumni include John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy. Douglas Kenney, later a co-founder of the National Lampoon and a co-writer of the fraternity-centered film comedy National Lampoon's Animal House, was president of the Spee Club during his senior year at Harvard. The club's mascot is a bear.
- inviting women undergraduates to join
- "Harvard's Spee Club Accepts Its First Negro Club Member", St. Petersburg Times, December 15, 1965.
- "Negro Student Accepts Final Club Membership", The Harvard Crimson, December 10, 1965.
- "The Men's Final Clubs", The Harvard Crimson, October 5, 2010.
- Josh Karp, A Futile and Stupid Gesture: How Doug Kenney and National Lampoon Changed Comedy Forever (Chicago Review Press, 2006), ISBN 978-1556526022, p.25. Excerpts available at Google Books.