Spiral (Pendulum song)
|"Spiral" / "Ulterior Motive"|
|Single by Pendulum|
|Released||10 July 2003 (New Zealand)
1 March 2004 (Worldwide)
|Genre||Drum & Bass|
6:10 "Ulterior Motive"
|Label||Low Profile, Uprising Records|
|Writer(s)||Rob Swire, Gareth McGrillen, Paul Harding|
|Pendulum singles chronology|
"Spiral" / "Ulterior Motive" is the first single by drum and bass band Pendulum. It was initially released on 10 July 2003, while the band were still based in Perth, as a promotional single by Kog Transmissions' sublabel Low Profile. The single was made publicly available on 1 March 2004 by Concord Dawn's label Uprising Records, with the same track listing as the promotional record. The record was released worldwide distributed by LOAD Media and is one of Uprising Records' highest selling singles.
The single has received critical reviews. One review describes "Ulterior Motive" as "not a show-stopper, [it] could be worked into a few different sets, and comes across like a fun dancefloor tune", but also describes sections of "Spiral" as "an epic crowd pleaser".
Formats and track listings
12" vinyl promo
12" vinyl single
The following people contributed to "Spiral / Ulterior Motive".
- Rob Swire – writer, producer, vocals, mixing
- Gareth McGrillen – writer, producer
- Paul Harding – writer, producer
- Neil Devine – mastering
- Pendulum - The Spiral / Ulterior Motive - British 12". Hard To Find Records. Retrieved on 25 September 2008.
- Ransom, Harry. DCDNB \ Reviews (2003). DCDNB. Retrieved on 24 September 2008.
- Pendulum (1 March 2004). "Spiral" / "Ulterior Motive" (liner notes). Uprising Records, RISE002.