Spotless (TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin|
|Original language(s)||English, French|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||March 16– April 13, 2015|
Spotless is a dark comedy-drama television series co-created by Ed McCardie and Corinne Marrinan, and produced by Tandem Communications (StudioCanal) in association with Rosetta Media. It premiered in France on Canal+ on March 16, 2015 and aired ten episodes through April 13, 2015. The series stars Marc-André Grondin, Denis Menochet, Miranda Raison, Brendan Coyle and Tanya Fear.
In London, Jean Bastière has been leading a quiet family life with his wife and two children for fifteen years. Perfectly integrated, he manages a crime scene cleaning business.
The balance of the harmonious existence is disrupted, however, when the brother, Martin, whom he has not seen for years, reappears. With this bulky brother, the secrets and wounds of Jean's past resurface. Faced with old demons he had chosen to bury, Jean will also face other problems. When Martin arrives with the body of a woman hidden in his van, neither one suspects a year with serious consequences is about to start.
The first season consisted of ten episodes that aired between March 16 and April 13, 2015.
- Marc-André Grondin as Jean Bastière
- Denis Ménochet as Martin Bastière
- Miranda Raison as Julie Greer-Bastière
- Doug Allen as Joey Samson
- Liam Garrigan as Victor Clay
- Ciarán Owens as Frank McElroy
- Kate Magowan as Sonny Clay
- Tanya Fear as Claire
- Naomi Radcliffe as Maureen Devine
- Lucy Akhurst as Nina Johnson
- Jemma Donovan as Maddy Bastière
- Niall Hayes as Olivier Bastière
- Brendan Coyle as Nelson Clay
- Izabella Urbanowicz as Rosie
- Tolga Safer as Hakan
- David Avery as Yilmaz
Spotless is a Franco-British production. It was co-created by Ed McCardie and Corinne Marrinan, and was produced by Tandem Communications (StudioCanal) in association with Rosetta Media. The first series was shot at West London Film Studios. The series was renewed for a second season by the Esquire Network in April 2016, before Esquire Network became defunct in 2017.
The series was aired by Esquire Network in the United States from November 2015 to January 2016. Internationally it was distributed by Netflix as a Netflix Original; it was later also carried by Netflix in the United States.
- Keslassy, Elsa (June 23, 2014). "Tandem and Canal Plus Unveils International Cast of 'Spotless'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Roxborough, Scott (April 7, 2014). "MIPTV: Canal Plus Gives Series Order to Brit Crime Drama 'Spotless'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (May 7, 2015). "Esquire Network Greenlights First Original Scripted Series". Variety. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (April 6, 2016). "'Spotless' Renewed for Season 2 at Esquire". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-28.