||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Spyros Stavros "Spiros" Niarchos (Greek: Σπύρος Νιάρχος; born 1955) is the second son of the Greek shipping magnate Stavros Niarchos and Eugenia Livanos. He is a grandson of another Greek shipping giant, his mother's father, Stavros G. Livanos.
In 1987, while skiing in Switzerland, he met 19-year-old Daphne Guinness (artist, socialite and an heiress of the Guinness family) and they soon married. The marriage ultimately ended in divorce, with Guinness receiving a GBP 20 million settlement in 1999.
The couple has three children:
- Nicolas Stavros Niarchos (born 1989)
- Alexis "Lex" Spyros Niarchos (born 1991)
- Ines Sophia Niarchos (born 1995)
In January 1999, Niarchos was a witness at the wedding of his best friend, Ernst August V, Prince of Hanover. He is the godfather of Crown Prince Pavlos' youngest son, Prince Aristides Stavros. With his brother, Philip, Niarchos is Co-President and Member of the Board of Directors at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
- Corlett, Ewan (1981). The Revolution in Merchant Shipping 1950–1980. The Ship. series editor: Basil Greenhill. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office on behalf of the National Maritime Museum. p. 25. ISBN 0-11-290320-7.
- Meare, David. "Tirgoviste and Spyros Niarchos". Shipspotting.com. Retrieved 30 April 2013.
- "Heiress apparent". The Sunday Times. 21 October 2007.
|This business-related Greek biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|