|Vice President||Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee|
|Constituency||Manthani constituency, Peddapalli district|
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Duddilla Sridhar Babu is an Indian politician and was a member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, representing the Indian National Congress. He was the Minister for Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs, Legal Metrology and Legislative Affairs in the Government of Andhra Pradesh prior to that state being divided. He is a member of the Pradesh Election Committee of Telangana as the Manifesto Committee Chairman.
Duddilla Sridhar Babu is the fourth of six children of former Speaker of the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, the Indian National Congress politician Sri D. Sripada Rao. He graduated from the University of Delhi and was a practising lawyer at Andhra Pradesh High Court before entering politics in 1999 following the assassination of his father by Naxalites. At that time he decided that it was incumbent on him to continue the work of his father in the Manthani constituency and more generally in the Karimnagar district in which it is situated.
A keen cricketer as a student — he represented Nizam College and the University of Hyderabad — Babu married Shailaja Ramaiyer, an officer in the Indian Administrative Service, following his election to the legislative assembly. The couple have two children. He said in 2012 that he still hoped to fulfil his earlier ambition to establish a firm specialising in corporate law.
Sridhar Babu is known for carrying out developmental works in the Backward region of Manthani ever since he became a Member of the Legislative Assembly and is believed to be always close to the people of the region.
First term (1999-2004)
Sridhar Babu won on the Congress ticket from Manthani in the 1999 elections, though his Congress party was relegated to sitting in the opposition. He defeated his nearest rival, C. Rami Reddy of the Telugu Desam Party, by a margin of over 15,000 votes.
Second term (2004-2009)
By the time Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy undertook his padayatra in 2003, Sridhar Babu was the Karimnagar district party president. In the 2004 elections, in which the Congress Party gained power, he defeated the TDP candidate, Somarapu Satyanarayana, by a margin of 42,560 votes. He became a Government Whip in the 12th Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Third term (2009-2014)
He was re-elected in the 2009 Assembly Elections defeating Putta Madhu of the erstwhile Praja Rajyam Party by a margin of over 13,000 votes. He was the only Congress MLA to be re-elected in 2009 from Karimnagar district, amidst a strong showing from an alliance of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi and Telugu Desam Party.
Babu was appointed a member of Y. S. Reddy's cabinet in May 2009 as minister for Higher Education and NRI affairs. After serving the ministry for 1.5 years he moved to the Civil Supplies and Legislative affairs ministry in Kiran Kumar Reddy's cabinet. He resigned from the cabinet on 2 January 2014 after Reddy divested him of his Legislative Affairs portfolio when the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill, which concerns the creation of a separate Telangana state, was being discussed in the Assembly.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Secretary, Coordination Committee||Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee||(2014–2015)|
|Chairman, Manifesto Committee||Telangana Pradesh Election Committee||(2014–2014)|
|Minister for Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs, Legal Meteorology||Government of Andhra Pradesh||(2010-2014)|
|Minister for Legislative Affairs||Government of AndhraPradesh||(2010 - 2014)|
|In Charge District Minister and Chairman DRC(District Review Committee)||Ranga Reddy District, Andhra Pradesh||(2009-2014)|
|Minister for Higher Education and NRI Affairs||Government of Andhra Pradesh||(2009-2010)|
|President||District Congress Committee, Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh||(2004-2012)|
|Board Member||Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh||(2004-2006)|
|Government Whip||12th Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly||(2004-2009)|
|Chairman||Cricket Association of Telagana,CAT||(2014–2016)|
|Vice president||Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee||(2016-present)|
- Duddilla Sridhar Babu. "Wish Duddilla Sridhar Babu". greetings.sridharbabu.in.
- "About Sridhar Babu". Sridharbabu Official Website.
- "Council of Ministers". Government of Andhra Pradesh. October 2013. Archived from the original on 8 October 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Congress names PCC chiefs for Seemandhra, Telangana". The Economic Times. PTI. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Duddilla, Sridhar babu. "Sridhar Babu Official Website". https://sridharbabu.in/. External link in
- "List of MLAs". Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 21 June 2014.
- Ahmed, Inkeshaf (21 September 2012). "Robed minister of Kiran's team". Postnoon. Archived from the original on 31 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Andhra Pradesh News : Manthani fields a Minister after PV". The Hindu. 26 May 2009. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Cong. wants Nellore renamed". The Hindu. 28 January 2003. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- "Whips". AP Legislature. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- "Andhra Pradesh Minister Sridhar Babu resigns over portfolio rejig". NDTV.com. 2 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-18.