||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Spokesperson for the Secretary-General of the United Nations|
7 March 2014
|Preceded by||Martin Nesirky|
20 August 1965 |
|Spouse(s)||Ilaria Quadrani (m. 1995)|
|Parents||Francois Dujarric de la Rivière and Anka Muhlstein|
|Relatives||René Dujarric de la Rivière (paternal grandfather)
Anatol Mühlstein (maternal grandfather)
Stephane Dujarric de la Rivière (born 20 August 1965) is the Spokesperson for the United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres. He was appointed to this position on 19 February 2014 by the previous Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon . Dujarric had previously served as Spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan from 2005 to 2006 and then Deputy Communications Director for Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon from 2006 to 2007.
Prior to his current appointment, Dujarric was Director of News and Media for the United Nations Department of Public Information, a position that he has held since March 2011. In this role, he oversees the UN's television, radio and photo operations. He coordinates the work of the main United Nations news sites, operating in eight languages. His Division is also responsible for media liaison and accreditation, providing logistical support and information to the international press corps, as well as coverage of official United Nations meetings, producing written coverage for the media, delegations and the general public, such as press releases, meetings summaries and dissemination of official statements and remarks.
Dujarric was named Chief Spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan in 2005, after joining the United Nations in 2000 as an Associate Spokesman. During his time as Spokesman, he conducted daily briefings for the UN press corps and faced questions on a number of crises, notably the Oil-for-Food scandal and the Israel-Lebanon conflict. Following Annan's departure, Dujarric worked as Deputy Communications Director for Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
Prior to joining the United Nations, Dujarric worked for ABC News television for close to ten years in various capacities in the network's New York City, London and Paris news bureaux. He traveled extensively on assignment to cover major stories throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- "UN chief announces that Stephane Dujarric will replace UN spokesman Martin Nesirky". The Province. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Secretary-General appoints Stéphane Dujarric as Spokesman". UN News Centre. 20 June 2005. Retrieved 2005-06-20.
- "Department of Public Information". Un.org. 25 October 2010. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Briefing by UNDP Director of Communications". Content.undp.org. 14 April 2009. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "United Nations News Centre – Secretary-General appoints Stéphane Dujarric as Spokesman". Un.org. 20 June 2005. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "WEDDINGS; Ilaria Quadrani, Stephane Dujarric". The New York Times. 4 June 1995. Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- "Home – School of Foreign Service". Sfs.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-08.