|Full name||Stéphane Pounewatchy|
|Date of birth||10 February 1968|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|1985–1987||CS Sedan Ardennes|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Pounewatchy played in his native France for CS Sedan Ardennes from 1985 to 1987, suffering relegation from Ligue 2 in the 1985–86 season. In 1989 he returned to the second tier with FC Martigues and helped them to the Ligue 2 title and promotion to Ligue 1 in 1992–93. The club consolidated their top-flight status in 1993–94 and 1994–95, in part due to Didier Tholot's 13 league goals in both seasons. Pounewatchy spent the 1995–96 season with FC Gueugnon, though both Gueugnon and Martigues suffered relegation to Ligue 2.
Pounewatchy moved to England for the start of the 1996–97 season where he was a permanent fixture in the Third Division Carlisle United team in both 1996–97 and 1997–98. The club celebrated promotion to the Second Division in the former season and relegation from it in the latter. He was named as man of the match as Carlisle won the 1997 Football League Trophy Final at Wembley with a penalty shoot-out victory over Colchester United following a 0–0 draw.
Pounewatchy then briefly moved north to Scotland for the 1997–98 season, spending August with Dundee in the SPL, playing four games before joining Port Vale of the English First Division on a monthly basis. He was only at Vale Park for September, playing just two games. In February he joined Colchester United, for the rest of the season. He said: "I am very happy to be in the Second Division because when you are a professional footballer you want to play at the highest level you can." He played fifteen games that season and was a free agent once again upon its conclusion.
- Sourced from Stéphane Pounewatchy profile at the English National Football Archive (subscription required)
|FC Martigues||1989–90||Division 2||29||0||3||0||0||0||32||0|
|Carlisle United||1996–97||Third Division||42||1||4||0||11||1||57||2|
|Dundee||1998–99||Scottish Premier League||3||0||0||0||1||0||4||0|
|Port Vale||1998–99||First Division||2||0||0||0||0||0||2||0|
|Colchester United||1998–99||Second Division||15||1||0||0||0||0||15||1|
|Scunthorpe United||1999–2000||Second Division||0||0||0||0||1||0||1||0|
- with Carlisle United
- Haylett, Trevor (21 April 1997). "Football: Happy ending for Carlisle". Independent (London). Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- White, Clive; Harris, Nick (15 August 1998). "The Sweeper: Big Brother is watching Palace". The Independent. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- "Soccer: Pounewatchy signs for Colchester United". Braintree and Witham Times. 19 February 1999. Retrieved 29 June 2009.
- Profile footballdatabase.eu
- Stephane Pounewatchy career statistics at Soccerbase