St. Kabir Public School
St. Kabir Public School was established in 1974 in Sector 8 Chandigarh, India. Its motto is Labor Omnia Vincit. In 1991, it shifted to its current facility in Sector 26 Chandigarh. It was rated as the seventh best school in Chandigarh after St. Stephens, Vivek High School, Government Model Sector 10 & 16, St. John's and St Anne's.
Mr J. P. Singh was the founder. Some quotes from him are:
- On discipline: Though imbibing self discipline is the ultimate aim, we ask disciplinary committees to maintain discipline in the campus. Since in today's world outside influence on students is more important than the older days, a little bit of imposition from the school authority is required to make the student realize the importance of it in their life.
- On tuition menace: There is no harm in students taking extra bit of coaching for a short while but it should not be of longer duration as tuition does not only make them dependent but is also a time killer, leaving the children with very little time to pursue other activities.
It has Biology, Chemistry and Physics laboratories and a library with internet facilities.
The school is affiliated with the CBSE board. The students took the board exam of CBSE for the first time in 2013.
- Every year the school celebrates its annual show function. It includes musicals, ground shows, and project displays.
- The musical "Oliver!" took place.
- In 2013 a project display was held for classes 1-7 and class 9 performed a play ' My Fair Lady' at Tagore Theatre, Sector-18, Chandigarh.
- In 2014 class 9 performed "The Phantom of the Opera",at the Tagore Theatre, sector-18, chd.
- In 2015, class 9 performed "The Blue Umbrella" at the Tagore Theatre, Chandigarh.
The school participates in inter-school competitions, and organizes inter-house competitions. Two students attended the Summer Studies Program organized by Duke Universities, the TIP program in the Infosys Mysore Campus. The children take part in national and international Olympiads .
The school campus has gardens that are well laid out and maintained. The school is active in TERI activities and every year an ambassador is chosen from the school.
- Kabir Roll of Old Students KROS
- Tribune, Chandigarh Tribune
- School Website : www.stkabir.co.in
- KROS Website : www.kros.co.in and www.kabirians.com
|This article about a school in Chandigarh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|