Star Appeal (film)
|Star Appeal 星星相吸惜
(Mandarin name: Xingxing xiangxi xi)
|Directed by||Cui Zi'en|
|Written by||Cui Zi'en|
|Music by||Jian Zhang|
|Edited by||Zheng Mao|
Cuizi CV Studio
|Distributed by||dGenerate Films
Water Bearer Films
Star Appeal (星星相吸惜) is a 2004 Chinese gay-themed science fiction film (first released for public exhibition in the United States in 2008), by Chinese film director Cui Zi'en. The film was recorded on video rather than film, using a series of long, static shots. The main characters are E.T. and his Chinese friend, Xiao Bo, and the film reveals the full-frontal nudity of both characters.
The story revolves around a young man from the planet Mars, who is known as E.T., who arrives on Earth totally naked, and soon befriends a young Chinese man, Xiao Bo, who takes him home and teaches him several languages, mathematics, geography, world history, art and the natural sciences. The two become increasingly close, and eventually fall in love. The Chinese man is bisexual, and has both a boyfriend and girlfriend who befriend E.T., and also fall in love with him. The girl tries to conceive a baby with E.T., after which he falls into a coma.
- Bo Yu... Xiao Bo
- Guifeng Wang ... E.T. (as Gui Feng Wang)
- Xiwen Zhang ... Wen Wen (as Xi Wen Zhang)
- Jian Hou ... Xiao Jian
- List of Chinese films of 2004
- List of lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender-related films
- List of lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related films by storyline
- Nudity in film (East Asian cinema since 1929)
- Queering Chinese Comrades - Through the Lens of Director Cui Zi. Audrey Tse. www.academia.edu. Retrieved: 16 March 2014.
- Star Appeal Water Bearer Films. Retrieved: 16 March 2014.
- Star Appeal. Publisher: AsiaticaFilmMediale. Published: November 2005. Retrieved: 18 April 2014.
- The metaphysics of film. Publisher: China Daily. Published: 14 January 2004. Retrieved: 18 April 2014.
|This article related to Chinese film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a drama film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|