Type of site
|Web traffic analysis|
|Created by||Aodhán Cullen|
|Registration||Not required for basic access|
StatCounter is a web traffic analysis website started in 1999. Access to basic services is free and advanced services can cost between US$5 and US$119 a month. StatCounter is based in Dublin, Ireland. The statistics from StatCounter are used to compute web usage share for example. As of May 2019[update], StatCounter is used on 0.9% of all websites.
StatCounter statistics are directly derived from hits—as opposed to unique visitors—from 3 million sites, which use StatCounter, resulting in total hits of more than 15 billion per month. No artificial weightings are used to correct for sampling bias, thus the numbers in the statistics can not be considered to be representative samples.
The company was founded by Aodhán Cullen at the age of 16. Cullen received the "Internet Hero" award at the 2008 Eircom Golden Spider Awards. He was also named the 2007 BusinessWeek "Young European Entrepreneur of the Year".
As of May 2020, the company receives about 22 million monthly visitors on its website.
- "Our Mission". StatCounter. Archived from the original on 26 May 2019. Retrieved 26 May 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Lacy, Kyle (2011). Twitter Marketing for Dummies. --For Dummies. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons. p. 93. ISBN 9780470930571.
- "StatCounter Global Stats". StatCounter. Retrieved 22 August 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Usage statistics and market share of StatCounter for websites". W3Techs. Q-Success. Archived from the original on 26 May 2019. Retrieved 26 May 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "FAQ". StatCounter. What methodology is used to calculate StatCounter Global Stats?. Retrieved 8 January 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "eircom Golden Spiders announced". TechCentral.ie. MediaTeam. 21 November 2008. Archived from the original on 19 November 2010.
- Munroe, Lee (November 2008). "Golden Spider Awards 2008 Winners" (blog). Internet Hero. Retrieved 8 January 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Reinhardt, Andy; Schenker, Jennifer L. (1 June 2007). "Europe's Young Entrepreneurs 2007". Global Economics. Bloomberg Businessweek.
- John Kennedy (3 August 2007). "The Friday interview: Aodhan Cullen, StatCounter". siliconrepublic.com. Retrieved 21 September 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Statcounter | statcounter.com : Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter". cutewebstats.com. Retrieved 7 May 2020.