Type of site
|Web traffic analysis|
|Created by||Aodhan Cullen|
|Alexa rank||3,501 (May 2018[update])|
|Registration||Not required for basic access|
Statcounter is a web traffic analysis tool founded in 1999. Access to basic services is free and advanced services can cost between US$5 and US$119 a month. The company is based in Dublin. The statistics from StatCounter are used to compute web usage share for example. StatCounter is used on 1.1% of all websites.
StatCounter statistics are directly derived from hits (as opposed to unique visitors) from 3 million sites, which use StatCounter, resulting in total hits of more than 15 billion per month. No artificial weightings are used to correct for sampling bias, thus the numbers in the statistics can not be considered to be representative samples.
The company was founded by Aodhan Cullen at the age of 16. He remains the CEO of StatCounter. Cullen received the "Internet Hero" award at the 2008 Eircom Golden Spider Awards. He was also named the 2007 BusinessWeek Young European Entrepreneur of the Year.
In 2008, the company surpassed two million members globally.
- "Statcounter.com Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "Our Mission". StatCounter.com. Retrieved 2018-08-31.
- Lacy, Kyle (2011). Twitter Marketing for Dummies. --For Dummies. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons. p. 93. ISBN 9780470930571.
- "StatCounter Global Stats". StatCounter. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Usage statistics and market share of StatCounter for websites". W3Techs. Q-Success. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "FAQ". StatCounter. What methodology is used to calculate StatCounter Global Stats?. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "eircom Golden Spiders announced". TechCentral.ie. MediaTeam. 21 November 2008. Archived from the original on 19 November 2010.
- Munroe, Lee (November 2008). "Golden Spider Awards 2008 Winners" (blog). Internet Hero. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Reinhardt, Andy; Schenker, Jennifer L. (1 June 2007). "Europe's Young Entrepreneurs 2007". Global Economics. Bloomberg Businessweek.
- John Kennedy (2007-08-03). "The Friday interview: Aodhan Cullen, StatCounter". siliconrepublic.com. Retrieved 2012-09-21.