|Directed by||Michael Polish|
(as 'Ted Smith')
|Produced by||Ken Johnson|
|Written by||Mark Polish|
|Starring||Winona Ryder |
|Cinematography||M. David Mullen|
|Distributed by||Initiate Productions|
Stay Cool is an American comedy film directed by Michael Polish (credited as Ted Smith), and written by Mark Polish. The film stars Winona Ryder, Mark Polish, Hilary Duff, Sean Astin, Josh Holloway, Jon Cryer, and Chevy Chase. The film premiered at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival and released theatrically in 2011.
Cast and characters
- Mark Polish as Henry McCarthy
- Winona Ryder as Scarlet Smith
- Hilary Duff as Shasta O' Neil
- Josh Holloway as Wino
- Max Thieriot as Luke
- Sean Astin as Big Girl
- Chevy Chase as Principal Marshall
- Jon Cryer as Javier
- Marc Blucas as Brad Nelson
- Frances Conroy as Mrs. Looch
Stay Cool was filmed between July and September 2008 in Santa Clarita, Saugus and Valencia (California).
A film festival version of Stay Cool was shown at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 23, 2009 and received favorable reviews. It was presented under the category for "World Narrative Film Festival". On the official Tribeca Film Festival it was described as a film that "...reminds us that time certainly does fly and old flames are hard to put out." A version of the film was also premiered in May 2010 at the Marché du Film of Cannes (France).
It had a September 16, 2011 theatrical release in the United States.
The film currently holds a 20% rating on the RottenTomatoes.com site.
- "Stay Cool : Overview". Allmovie. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- "Stay Cool : Locations". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-03-08.]
- [dead link]
- "Did you know that..." Facebook.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- "The 2009 Movies That Will Have You Screaming 'OMG!'". MTV. 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "Stay Cool Movie Reviews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 18, 2011.