Stealing America: Vote by Vote
|Stealing America: Vote by Vote|
|Directed by||Dorothy Fadiman|
|Produced by||Mitchell W. Block, James Fadiman, Carla Henry, Bruce O'Dell|
|Narrated by||Peter Coyote|
|Music by||Laurence Rosenthal|
Stealing America: Vote by Vote is a 2008 documentary film directed by filmmaker, Dorothy Fadiman, which examines the state of election manipulation in the United States. The film focuses on voter disfranchisement, the use of electronic voting machines, and voting anomalies such as uncounted ballots, inaccurate final vote tallies, and vote-switching.
The film is narrated by Peter Coyote and features film clips and interviews, including those from Greg Palast, Brad Friedman, Ion Sancho, Pete McCloskey, Paul Craig Roberts, Harvey Wasserman, Bob Hagan, Charles Traylor, Bob Fitrakis, Charles Lewis, Avi Rubin, John Zogby, Clint Curtis, and former employees from Diebold.
The San Francisco Bay Guardian wrote, "The scariest movie of 2008 so far is, quite possibly, Dorothy Fadiman's 'Stealing America: Vote by Vote,' a stomach-turning look at election irregularities that stretch back as far as 1996, with a special emphasis on the über-fishy goings-on in Ohio circa 2004." The Seattle Times wrote, "The horror of 'Stealing America' arises from the evidence supporting Fadiman's suggestion that the '04 election was rigged. Through a combination of first-person accounts (including Democratic Sen. Bob Hagan of Ohio, who also witnessed vote-switching firsthand), extensive research and revealing clips from multiple TV news sources, Fadiman investigates the many 'glitches' in voting procedures that result in literally millions of votes being potentially 'lost, miscounted or even deleted."
Entertainment Weekly wrote of the film that it was, "tersely sobering documentary. Its provocative thesis is that the age of electronic voting machines has actually made election fraud easier. If that sounds like a conspiracy theory, it is. But Stealing America: Vote by Vote mounts its case with hardheaded numerical logic."
- "Scary movie". San Francisco Bay Guardian. Retrieved 8 September 2008.
- "Stealing America: Regardless of viewers' politics, assertions of vote fraud are disturbing". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 19 September 2008.
- "Stealing America: Vote by Vote". Entertainment Weekly Online Edition. Retrieved 1 August 2008.
- Official website
- Stealing America: Vote by Vote at archive.org
- Stealing America: Vote by Vote on IMDb
- Stealing America: Vote by Vote at Rotten Tomatoes
- An Article from August 2008 on SF Gate
- An interview of Dorothy Fadiman and Ion Sancho from September 2008 on ChristianCinema.com
- Film Screening Announcement for Dec 2010 on InMenlo.com
- from September 2008 on about.com
- The film's page on Link TV
- The film's page from July 2008 on Slant Magazine
- Films on Election Issues, section "2008" from SourceWatch
- DOROTHY FADIMAN, “STEALING AMERICA: VOTE BY VOTE” from Filmmaker (magazine), August 2008
- the film's page on Hollywood.com
- The film's page from July 2008 on Boxoffice (magazine)