Stefan Gössling (born 1970) is a Swedish academic who has studied sustainable tourism.
Gossling is a professor at the Linnaeus University School of Business and Economics and Lund University's Department of Service Management. He also the research coordinator at the Western Norway Research Institute's Research Centre for Sustainable Tourism.
Gössling is on the editorial board of the Journal of Sustainable Tourism.
Gössling has published, co-authored or presented a number of academic works, and co-edited the book Climate Change and Aviation: Issues, Challenges and Solutions (2009). With three co-authors he wrote the chapter on hypermobility in the book. He also wrote the book "Carbon Management in Tourism: Mitigating the Impacts on Climate Change" and co-authored a chapter to a Finnish government report on development in a carbon-constrained world.
His webpage at Lund Univ.
His publications page at Google Scholar.
- List of keynote speakers, Think Tank XVII Archived 2012-11-03 at the Wayback Machine, Gréoux les Bains, France, from June 24–27, 2012
- UK Travel Mole, "Making people feel guilty will not mainstream sustainable tourism: focusing on benefits may."
- Journal of Sustainable Tourism, editorial board
- Gössling S., Nilsson J.H. (2010). Frequent flyer programmes and the reproduction of aeromobility. Environment and Planning A. 42:1:pp.241-252.
- Gössling S., Nilsson J.H. (2009). Frequent Flyers Programmes as Mobility Boosters? Implications for Sustainable Aviation. Conference paper, in: Transport and Tourism: Challenges, Issues and Conflicts. pp.94-104.
- Gössling S. (2009). The Future of Tourism from a Climate Change Perspective: The post-Kyoto Challenge. Presentation of 23 Oct. 2009, MODUL University, Vienna.
- Gössling S. (2008). Reducing Carbon: Global Perspective for a Global Problem[permanent dead link]. Capacity Building Seminar, April 2008. Ballioli College, Univ. of Oxford.
- Gössling S., Peeters P., Ceron J.P., Dubois G., Patterson T., Richardson R.B. (2005). The eco-efficiency of tourism Archived 2015-08-05 at the Wayback Machine. Ecological Economics. 54:4:pp.417-434.
- Gössling S. (2002). Global environmental consequences of tourism. Global Env. Change. 12:4:pp.283-302.
- Gössling S, Upham P (2009). Climate change and aviation: Issues, challenges and solutions. Earthscan. http://www.earthscan.co.uk/?tabid=42745
- Gössling S, Ceron JP, Dubois G, Hall CM. (2009) Hypermobile travellers. https://canterbury-nz.academia.edu/CMichaelHall/Papers/150800/Hypermobile_travellers. Chapter 6 in: Gössling S, Upham P (2009). Climate change and aviation: Issues, challenges and solutions. (Supra.)
- Gössling S., Strasdas W. (2011). Carbon Management in Tourism: Mitigating the Impacts on Climate Change. Routledge, New York.
- Gössling S., Hall C.M., Scott D. (2009). The challenges of tourism as a development strategy in an era of global climate change. In: Development in a Carbon-Constrained World -- Development Cooperation and Climate Change. pp.100-119. Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.