Sten Fredrik Lundbo (born 18 November 1940 in Bergen) is a Norwegian diplomat and was Ambassador to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, France 1995 - 2000 and to the Republic of Poland 2000 - 2005.
Lundbo graduated with a MA in international economics from the Norwegian School of Economics in 1967.
Career and assignments
Sten Fredrik Lundbo worked as a diplomat for the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs during the period 1967 - 2005. Lundbo's first postings were to the Embassies in Bangkok (1969–72) and Paris (1972–75). He was Director at the Ministry of Foreign Ministry 1989-1995. For the last ten years of his career he was an ambassador, firstly to the Council of Europe in Strasbourg (1995 - 2000) and thereafter in Warsaw (2000 - 2005).
Lundbo also served as Counsellor (1986 - 1986) and Minister Counsellor/Deputy Permanent Representative (1986–89) at Norwegian Delegation to the United Nations and other international organizations in Geneva
- Member of the UN Group of Governmental Experts on the Relationship between Disarmament and Development 1978-1981.
- Chairman of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) 1992-1993. At the annual meeting in Oslo in July 1992, chaired by Sten Lundbo, it was agreed to expand the scope of the MTCR to include nonproliferation of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for all weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, chemical and biological weapons).
- Chairman of the Working Group on Guidelines 1993-1995 that led to the establishment i 1996 of the Wassenaar Arrangement Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-use Goods and Technologies
- Chairman of the Council of Europe's rapporteur group for cooperation with the EU from 1996 to 2000.
- Member of the Governing Council of the Council of Europe Development Bank in Paris 1995-2000.
- 1996 appointed Knight of the 1st class of St. Olav
- 2000 appointed commander of Royal Norwegian Order of Merit
Sten Lundbo is also awarded the following foreign orders:
- 1973 The Thai Order of the White Elephant
- 1975 The French Order of Merit (France).
- 1994 Commander of the Order of the Lion of Finland
- 1996 Commander Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary
- 2003 Commander with star of Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland
- "Stein Fredrik Lundbo".
Ministers at the Norwegian delegation in Geneva from 1986 to 1989, Counsellor 1982-1986. Deputy Foreign Ministry from 1989 to 1995.
- Utenriksdepartementet kalender 1975. Norway's diplomatic and consular representatives abroad in 1975, published by the Foreign Ministry.
- Offisielt fra statsråd, www.regjeringen.no, 27. januar 1989.
- Offisielt fra statsråd, regjeringen.no, 7. april 1995.
- Offisielt fra statsråd, [www.regjeringen.no], 19 May 2000
- Offisielt fra statsråd Council of State, regjeringen.no, 8. januar 1982
- Foreign Ministry press release of 28 August 1981 on Disarmament and Development.
- "Fremskritt for rakettkontroll". Aftenposten. 3 July 1992.
- Foreign Ministry news release No. 206/95 of 19 December 1995 on the Agreement on multilateral export control forum for conventional weapons and sensitive high technology
- Aftenposten, Rapportplikt for våpensalg, 18. november 1995
- «Finlands venner hedres», Aftenposten, 23. mars 1994, s. 10.
- «Ungarsk orden til Sten Lundbo», Aftenposten, morgenutgaven, 1. november 1996, s. 10.