Stephanie Moulton Sarkis
Stephanie Moulton Sarkis
West Allis, Wisconsin
|Occupation||Mental health counselor|
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
|Subject||Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder Gaslighting|
|Notable works||Gaslighting: How to Recognize Manipulative and Emotionally Abusive People - and Break Free (2018)|
|Notable awards||Co-recipient, American Psychological Association Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2001|
Stephanie Moulton Sarkis is a psychotherapist and best-selling author. Based in Tampa, Florida, she is an American Mental Health Counselors Association Diplomate and Clinical Specialist in Child and Adolescent mental health counseling, and a columnist/blogger for Psychology Today and Huffington Post. In addition to being an expert on ADHD and gaslighting, she treats autism spectrum disorder and anxiety disorders, and writes about their impact on college performance and personal finance. Sarkis's experience with having ADHD herself is profiled in the book The Gift of Adult ADD by Lara Honos-Webb.
Sarkis was born in West Allis, Wisconsin. In 2001, Sarkis was a co-recipient of an American Psychological Association Outstanding Dissertation Award, and the study was subsequently published in the Journal of Attention Disorders. In 2002, she received a PhD in mental health counseling from the University of Florida, and is an American Mental Health Counselors Association Diplomate and Clinical Specialist in Child and Adolescent Counseling. Her professional qualifications include Licensed Mental Health Counselor and National Certified Counselor.
Sarkis is the author of the following books:
Published by Da Capo, an imprint of Hachette Book Group:
- "Gaslighting: How to Recognize Manipulative and Emotionally Abusive People - and Break Free" (2018)
Published by PESI Publishing & Media:
- "Executive Function Difficulties in Adults: 100 Ways to Help Your Clients Live Productive and Happy Lives" (2018)
Published by New Harbinger:
- Natural Relief for Adult ADHD: Complementary Strategies for Increasing Focus, Attention, and Motivation With or Without Medication (2015)
- 10 Simple Solutions to Adult ADD: How to Overcome Chronic Distraction & Accomplish Your Goals (2nd ed., 2011). Translations in Korean, Japanese, French, Arabic, Mandarin, and Spanish
- Making the Grade with ADD: A Student’s Guide to Succeeding in College with Attention Deficit Disorder (2008)
- ADD and Your Money: A Guide to Personal Finance for Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (co-author with Karl Klein) (2009)
- ADD in Adults: A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed (2011)
- "Success for the ADHD College Student". The ADHD Report. Archived from the original on January 17, 2013. Retrieved November 10, 2010.
- "ADHD and Your Money: An Interview with Stephanie Sarkis PhD". The Edge Foundation. Retrieved November 10, 2010.
- Honos-Webb, Laura (2008). The Gift of Adult ADD. New Harbinger. ISBN 978-1-57224-565-5.
- Sarkis, Stephanie Moulton; Sarkis, Elias H.; Marshall, David; Archer, James (February 1, 2005). "Self-Regulation and Inhibition in Comorbid ADHD Children: An Evaluation of Executive Functions". Journal of Attention Disorders. Retrieved January 24, 2017. (Link is to abstract and bibliography, not full text.)
- "Stephanie Sarkis Ph.D. biography". Retrieved November 10, 2010.
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Huffington Post blog
- Psychology Today blog
- 10 Percent Happier podcast episode #138, Dr. Stephanie Sarkis, Meditating While Having ADHD"
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|