Steve Sims (entrepreneur)
|Born||July 9, 1966|
|Occupation||CEO of Bluefish|
Steve Sims (born 1966) is the founder and CEO of the luxury concierge service Bluefish. In 2017, Sims published a book, Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen. Sims grew up in East London and met his wife, Clare, when he was 16 years old.
Sims began his career as a Bricklayer in London. In 1980, Sims started a stockbroker job in London, where he worked for about 6 months. Eventually, Sims transferred to Hong Kong where he was fired in 5 days. After losing his stockbroking job, Sims stayed in Hong Kong where he worked as a Doorman for a Night Club in the area, where he went to parties and met their attendees, forming the network that would initially support Bluefish. Sims has arranged many adventures for clients including:
- Private Dinner for 6 at the Feet of Michelangelo's David
- Dinners in Italy while being Serenaded by Andrea Bocelli
- Underwater Tours of the Titanic Through Bluefin, Sims has networked and befriended many powerful people including: Donald Trump, Sting, Andrea Bocelli and Elon Musk. In 2016, Sims landed a publishing deal with Simon & Schuster for his book, "Bluefish: The Art of Making Things Happen". Sims current project features an app called Taste of Blue that offers a more accessible route to unique and luxury outcomes. Sims has been featured in over 30 TV shows, over 60 major publications, and has spoken at many events including Harvard.
Sims founded Bluefish in 1996. In 2003, Bluefish partnered with MBNA to launch its own credit card. In 2004, Bluefish was named the official concierge of L.A. and New York Fashion Weeks. In August 2006, Icon International Holdings Inc. signed an agreement with Bluefish Concierge to provide all concierge services for the airline and its travelers. Bluefish Concierge was the official concierge of the Kentucky Derby from 2005-2007.
Education and Personal Details
- Conner, Cheryl (2017-10-16). "Bluefish Your Way To Media Success Like Steve Sims". Forbes. Forbes Media, LLC. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "The Art of Making Things Happen with Steve Sims". Kristy Arnett. Center LLC. 2017-12-04. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Editorial Staff. "Meet the Modest Man Who Fulfills Billionaires' Dreams But Doesn't Give a Sh*t About Money". NextShark. NextShark Inc. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Garone, Elizabeth (2017-09-01). "The hidden private experiences of the travel elite". BBC. BBC. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "69: The Art of Making Things Happen with Steve Sims". Daniel Gefen. Daniel Gefen. 2017-03-16. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Torres, Nichole L. (2004-07-01). "By Special Request". Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur Media, Inc. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "Icon International Holdings, Inc. Announces The Bluefish as Official Concierge Partner; Bluefish Founder, Steve Sims Joins Board of Directors". Business Wire. Business Wire, Inc. 2006-08-29. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Hughes, Patrick Michael (2014-02-14). "Fashion Week Trends to Wear Now". DNAinfo. Archived from the original on 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "High Profile, World Party Coordinator Steve Sims". Joe Pardo. Solutions LLC. 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Taylor, Peter Lane (2016-05-11). "The 5 Keys To Business From The Man With The World's Coolest Job". Forbes. Forbes Media, LLC. Retrieved 2018-04-06.