Strategic Hotels & Resorts
Strategic Hotels & Resorts is an American REIT in the hospitality industry. It was publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as BEE. The company owns 18 luxury hotels, 17 of which are located in the United States and one of which is in Germany.
Through his investment firm, Cascade Investments, Bill Gates has purchased 1.74 million shares of Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc.’s common stock at a total price of $21.45 million – totaling 9.8% of the REIT’s shares. Gates is the sole owner of the investment firm.
- Hotel del Coronado
- Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, D.C.
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
- InterContinental Miami
- JW Marriott Essex House
- Westin St. Francis
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts, Bloomberg Business
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts Larger Than S&P 500 Component Denbury Resources, Forbes, 3/2/2015
- Strategic Hotels & Resorts: Portfolio
- Bray, Chad (September 8, 2015). "Blackstone Agrees to Buy Strategic Hotels and Resorts". The New York Times. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "Bill Gates Makes a Play To Acquire Strategic Hotels & Resorts - CoStar Group". www.costar.com. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- Massoudi, Arash; Fontanella-Khan, James (2016-03-13). "China's Anbang agrees $6.5bn hotel deal with Blackstone". Financial Times. ISSN 0307-1766. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|